Humbucker sized p90's

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1211 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Re: Humbucker sized p90's

Post by sizzlingbadger »

willow13 wrote:
sizzlingbadger wrote: I may have to try that if the L500's I ordered don't do the business in my PRS, it's a very dark guitar.
whack some stainless steel strings on before spending big money on pick ups...will add zing to your tone which might help
jeremyb wrote:
sizzlingbadger wrote:
NZRS_Matt wrote: After reading this, I ended up trying out the Bluesbucker/Air Norton combo in my LP and I really REALLY love it.
I may have to try that if the L500's I ordered don't do the business in my PRS, it's a very dark guitar.
Heard someone suggesting 1Mb pots for dark guitars, don't quite get what it would do...
I may try some ss strings.

The 1M pots may work but they often just add that ice pick harshness rather than just brightening the sound.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

sizzlingbadger wrote:
I may try some ss strings.

The 1M pots may work but they often just add that ice pick harshness rather than just brightening the sound.
the strings are totally worth trying, same price as most strings, last way longer to. I have them on all my guitars that are dull sounding and they work a treat....higainer has some on his lp custom and it took it to another level of awesome
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by handsoffmatt »

jeremyb wrote:
sizzlingbadger wrote:
NZRS_Matt wrote: After reading this, I ended up trying out the Bluesbucker/Air Norton combo in my LP and I really REALLY love it.
I may have to try that if the L500's I ordered don't do the business in my PRS, it's a very dark guitar.
Heard someone suggesting 1Mb pots for dark guitars, don't quite get what it would do...
1M pots will add some upper end sparkle, and give the guitar a little more output.
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox

timj47
Stagg
Stagg

Post by timj47 »

this may have talked me out of swapping the stock p90 out of a LP junior for an SD antiquity, perhaps a pot and cap change may work better.....