Replacements for SSH Tele

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Karlmalised
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Replacements for SSH Tele

Post by Karlmalised »

So I've decided to replace the pickups on Squier VM SSH tele, seeing as im upgrading all the hardware. It currently has the stock Duncan Designed MH-101, SC-102 and Te-103 and I would like to upgrade them to similar but clearer/better pickups. Basically I want mini humbucker for hi gain distortion in the neck with a gold cover, a strat stack in the middle for standard strat tone and a tele pickup in the bridge for twang. I would like them all to be similar output as well

SixGunLover
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Replacements for SSH Tele

Post by SixGunLover »

I whole-heartedly recommend the Dimarzio Area Hot T Telecaster pickup for your bridge. I had one in a Radian Korina Tele and it was such a phenomenal sounding pickup I've considered modding my new MIM Strat to fit one in the bridge. I find the description of it on the Dimarzio website to be a little misleading - there are some decent clips on Youtube that will give you a better idea. Should balance very nicely with what you have planned for the rest of the instrument.

Plus, it's noiseless.

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by handsoffmatt »

SixGunLover wrote:I whole-heartedly recommend the Dimarzio Area Hot T Telecaster pickup for your bridge. I had one in a Radian Korina Tele and it was such a phenomenal sounding pickup I've considered modding my new MIM Strat to fit one in the bridge. I find the description of it on the Dimarzio website to be a little misleading - there are some decent clips on Youtube that will give you a better idea. Should balance very nicely with what you have planned for the rest of the instrument.

Plus, it's noiseless.
+1 on this. The Area Hot T is a phenomenal Rock pickup.

If you want to keep it a tad more subdued/traditionalist, then I've been loving the Area T 615 in my own Tele
http://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/tele/hu ... area-t-615

For middle pickup, there is no better choice than an Area 67 for Strattiness galore
http://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/strat/h ... at/area-67

...and round out the set with the DiMarzio mini-hum
http://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/mini/di ... neck-model
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox

Karlmalised
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Karlmalised »

Well, you have me sold! I do tend to add quite a bit of dirt to my guitar so area t sounds like a good idea. Now I just have to save for them :D

Karlmalised
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Karlmalised »

Matt, will the strat pick up be too weak for even volume compared to the other two?