Out with the EMGs for my Jackson USA

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 594 times

Re: Out with the EMGs for my Jackson USA

Post by godgrinder »

Ironbird13 wrote:not with the painkiller. have a Nailbomb in my Ironbird, and a Invader in my Eagle. I find I use the Eagle more with my band as the Ironbird can get a lil "lost" in the mix, but on its own I prefer the grunt of the Nailbomb.
The ceramic Nailbomb or the alnico one?
Amps:
Soldano SLO100 x2 | Wizard MC1 & MC2 | Diezel Herbert
Fryette Pittbull CL | Marshall 2203KK | Krank Rev 50 | Mesa Mark 2A

Rack stuff:
VHT/Fryette GP3, GP/DI & 2/90/2 | Peters FSM/Chimera
Verellen Meatsmoke | Synergy SYN1 | Mesa Studio

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

godgrinder wrote:
Ironbird13 wrote:not with the painkiller. have a Nailbomb in my Ironbird, and a Invader in my Eagle. I find I use the Eagle more with my band as the Ironbird can get a lil "lost" in the mix, but on its own I prefer the grunt of the Nailbomb.
The ceramic Nailbomb or the alnico one?
not too sure actually :oops: :lol:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

cholera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by cholera »

Some of the Schecters have Blackouts as stock. I have a Painkiller in a Universe, and also had Nailbombs. The Painkiller is a lot tighter, the nailbombs (to me anyway) made evrything I play sound like Kyuss...I don't know, that's just my lasting memory. I also had a 7 that had D-activators, then I put in Blackouts. maybe it was all the hype, but the Blackouts didnt really live up to expectations....I think I preferred the D-Activators after all that. Anyway, the latest 7 string has BKP Aftermaths, they pretty much kill al of them, tho the Painkillers run a close second. Bear in mind these were pretty much all 7 string guitars, and I am yet to try a Warpig. I really want to hear one because they are meant to be pretty brutal. If you have a shitload of cash, Id get some BKPs, if not Id get Dactivators, I assume they are probably still a little cheaper than Blackouts.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

jeremyb wrote:
hamo wrote:
Sullen wrote:That Warpig looks so sick! Are there any guitars that come out standard with Blackouts so I could give them a try?

I was thinking SD Invaders; I had a Jackson RR back in the day with Duncan Designed Invaders and they had a pretty destructive sound.
http://www.rockshop.co.nz/shop/guitars/ ... dc1fr.html

Those have the Blackouts as stock.
So many types of wrong! :rofl:
You'd think so, but no. Those are pretty awesome little guitars, the only thing that put me off was the finish on the back of the neck.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster