Sheptone pickups - WORST customer service ever

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Re: Sheptone pickups - WORST customer service ever

Post by Vince »

Capt. Black wrote:the timeline summary Lawrence posted earlier demonstrates that both parties were as much a cock as the other)
Ed bought something and expected delivery or at least to be kept in the loop?

Yeah, that does make him sound like a cock. Not.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3923 times

Post by Bg »

meh its getting a bit ott now.

both sides have a point, I'd have to say that 'WORST' customer service ever, is completely over the top. I've had much worse in pubs and restaurants. This was pretty mild in comparison. Did I misread this somehow, did this happen back in december?

Anyway.
Unique has cork sniffing and calipers to look at.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 254 times

Sheptone pickups - WORST customer service ever

Post by Capt. Black »

Harden up Ed. ;)

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1645 times
Been liked: 1310 times

Post by Jay »

Post by BG » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:35 pm
meh its getting a bit ott now.

both sides have a point, I'd have to say that 'WORST' customer service ever, is completely over the top. I've had much worse in pubs and restaurants. This was pretty mild in comparison. Did I misread this somehow, did this happen back in december?

Anyway.
Unique has cork sniffing and calipers to look at.
BG as UBER MOD has now formally closed this thread. Yay!

benderissimo wrote:Case closed.

This.

Let's move the focus to my SG thread. Which, if it weren't being bumped out, would be gripping you all by the seat of your testicles. what next? Will he sand the heel a bit more? Glue in some sawdust mix into a crack?

It's exciting stuff.
+10e6
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by xCaptainx »

Capt. Black wrote: if you read back over the timeline summary Lawrence posted earlier demonstrates that both parties were as much a cock as the other

Ok, now you're just being an arsehole for the sake of it. You're calling an upset customer a cock because they received horrible communication, broken promises and zero product, then a refund ages after the expected delivery?

We live in a digital age and again, there is very little variance between companies and product. The critical, deciding factor is customer service and the customers experience. And unfortunately many companies (and yourself) fail to see the huge implications of extremely poor customer experiences.

Here's some insights from a 2011 Customer Experience Impact Report conducted by Harris Interactive:

- 89 percent of consumers began doing business with a competitor following a poor customer
experience.

- After a poor customer experience, more than one-quarter of consumers (26 percent) posted negative
complaints on a social networking site such as Facebook or Twitter

- 85% of customers will pay up to 25% more for a product if they receive a better customer experience

• 50 percent of consumers give a brand only one week to respond to a question before
they stop doing business with them.

Ed was a customer. Ed received poor customer experience. Ed became the 26% who posted a negative experience on a public forum. His own. And who knows what reach that has. And this is what I was referring to. You MUST assume that your customers will tell EVERYONE they interact with about shitty experience you have given them. They certainly won't tell anyone about the positive one as they expect that. I can't remember the stats around that but it's about 10% of good experiences are shared and 90% of bad ones. You must see people posting on social media when they have horrible customer service. Do you chastise them and call them a cock for publicly airing their grievances? Hell I see Dave from RS do this on a near weekly basis with his facebook and mostly about KFC haha! (what a cock!) The ONLY differentiator is here that Ed has a slightly bigger soap box than your average customer.

From what I can tell..
- You don't seem understand, or car about, the use of blogs and their purpose
- You don't understand the value of entry level customer service and the impact on customer experience, or the tangible rewards given by offering a premium customer experience (which, in this age, is the standard given the similarities with so many products nowadays)
- By being unrelenting with your continued push of your own opinion, and by calling Ed a cock in the process, you've come across as a right arsehole.

The whole 'back in my day when I ordered' doesn not cut it. It's 2014. You oder online, your payment is processed instantly, a confirmation message is provided, a tracaking # is provided within 1 business day and your product is provided within 7. This is expected 'standard' service and anything outside of this should be met with excellent, personalised customer service.

To provide anything else on an online channel is essentially running your business into the ground.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 284 times

Post by Kev77 »

Word.
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

_sigh_

Perhaps people here are forgetting that everyone has a right to their own opinion, trying hard not to lock and stay neutral, but, wtf guys? deal to the argument and not the person.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1364 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

I don't have a dog in this fight, and from the outside there seems to be seriously missed points all over the show.

There is a right to free speech, to challenge and deal with it all appropriately in this forum. Please do so.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

*UNIQUE* wrote:I don't have a dog in this fight, and from the outside there seems to be seriously missed points all over the show.

There is a right to free speech, to challenge and deal with it all appropriately in this forum. Please do so.
How's that SG coming along? Just installing a Schatten TC Passive pickup in my tricone, getting some hollow feedback, by all accounts it needs taming on some frequencies. Time to get the M13 out.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7778 times
Been liked: 4204 times

Post by jeremyb »

What about that local sports team eh!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

twistedthoughts
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times

Post by twistedthoughts »

So in summary, Capt. Black can come into a thread, take some misguided self-appointed moral high ground, be generally antagonistic for no reason and we all just have to pretend like that's OK...I'm guessing because he's a mod or something.

Just thought I'd clarify that so we're all on the same page.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1364 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

Nah - fuck this.

I'm not gonna take any stances on this thread but I will point out, all members have a right to free speech within this forum, within the rules. Disagreement is gonna happen. Debate is useful. Mods have the same rights as anyone else. Everyone else has the same rights as mods (except they can't can't edit JB's posts like I can).

Interesting thread but it's history.

Locked.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves