Vintage LP pickups

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Vintage LP pickups

Post by alanp »

I don't know what they are (beyond "Wilkinson"), but I suspect they are quite a bit stronger than my 36th PAF in the Radian.

Bloody lovely pickups, though. Probably a good part of why I tend to play the LP, these days. (Other than the finish. I've found I strongly, strongly prefer matte or satin finishes, shiny glossy slippy ones annoy me.)
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Vintage LP pickups

Post by Bg »

just don't play it too much or it'll get shiny in places where you contact ;) Yeah those pickups are tasty, was very impressed by the whole guitar.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

Think I might replace the tuning heads, though it'll be tough to find look-alikes.
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

The supposed history of the Wilkinson pickups in the Vintage LPs are that they are closely based on the original PAF humbuckers, as Trevor Wilkinson and Seth Lover were mates and Seth gave Trevor the specs from the originals. Regardless, they are very good for what they are.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Hoping for some Pat No or PAF action... :|
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves