GFS Dream 180 and Dream 90 (Hot)

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1365 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

I gigged with these puppies last weekend. I like. I like a lot. The lower output and filtertron tones seem to make everything clearer, more defined. The only improvement I can think of ould be a little more woody tones, and a fraction, only a tidbit, more bass. Otherwise, pull out your visas and go to eBay people. These humbuckers will kill your mud tones!

Sounds like I'm a shareholder huh! I'm not...............maybe........
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3924 times

Post by Bg »

what was in your LP before you put these in? Just curious :D
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Started off with 490's which I despised, the went to Stew Mac Golden 50's which were pretty good, then to a 500T (meant to be a classic 57), then to these. I pretty much don't like full on humbucker tone unless it is very clear and succinct. Often H/B's are too muddy and only good when driven...I'd actually like to try some real Classic 57's, like I understand you have...
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3924 times

Post by Bg »

yep I love mine, I'm just rubbish at describing tone ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

HB
Stagg
Stagg

Post by HB »

Unique, If you don't mind me asking, how much did it end up costing you all up to buy the pickups including shipping? I've been looking at that GFS stuff for a while now...

sydknee
Stagg
Stagg

Post by sydknee »

I got a set of Lil Punchers for my Tele .but as yet have been too lazy to install them neck and bridge including shipping ended up costing me $98.99
"You're not singing flat son, you're just on the sad side of the note"....Dan Penn

HB
Stagg
Stagg

Post by HB »

That's pretty damn good! Did you get the "cool vintage" lil punchers? I'd be keen to hear how you find them once you got 'em installed.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

HB wrote:Unique, If you don't mind me asking, how much did it end up costing you all up to buy the pickups including shipping? I've been looking at that GFS stuff for a while now...
US Dollars the p/ups were $37 each and shipping was about $15...so in NZ about $130 landed. Good value for money....want to try their DeArmond rip offs now.

philbit
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: GFS Dream 180 and Dream 90 (Hot)

Post by philbit »

Has anyone tried these GFS Single coil pickups??? if so are they any good compared to say the tonerider's.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Sounds like a damn good link. Can't fault those prices.
Those with Fenders and the like could have a few pickguards set up with different pups and swap to suit... hmmm.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

Rog wrote:Sounds like a damn good link. Can't fault those prices.
Those with Fenders and the like could have a few pickguards set up with different pups and swap to suit... hmmm.
poplycaster alert!
[edit] polycaster.. extra p in there in my excitement... make sure the filth don't find out[/edit]
Last edited by rocklander on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

LOL - I had you in mind.... :lol:
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...