The Best Single Coil Pickups?

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Voxshall
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

Fralins are great for that highend chime. For a good vintage replica I love my J.M Rolph's for the closest vintage sounds and the stock pickups in a 56 Fender relic are great too.

Heard good things about Lollers and WCR SR's too but haven't heard them in person.

grolschie
Ashton
Ashton

Post by grolschie »

Rio Grande "Stelly" (aka "Muy Grande" packaged for a strat) for the bridge is good. Just bought one and my bridge position on my strat is finally usable.

blackstratblues
Gibson
Has liked: 413 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by blackstratblues »

I'd reccomend the Suhr V60LPs for a fat tight low end with transparent highs. From all that I've tried, these stand out as the best voicing.

sambrowne
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sambrowne »

I tried some Seymour Duncan Antiquities the other day, man oh man they were sexy. Possibly not for everyone but they were so balanced, the front pickup was sweet and round but not overwhelmingly bassy like they always are, bridge pickup wasn't overly harsh, "sweet" is the word that came to mind at all times - very mellow frequencies accentuated, no matter how much overdrive they just got nicer. But yeah shopping for pickups is incredibly hard.