piezo Pick up and resonator

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Simonski
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

piezo Pick up and resonator

Post by Simonski »

Ok heres the challenge.

I have one of these

I have fitted it with an aluminum bridge. I'm now looking to fit a piezo under it.

Will this create weird earthing problems due to the spider and metal bridge or will it help in earthing the guitar.

Cheers Simon
THIS SPACE IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TO LEASE Call 555-7226633 to lease

Simonski
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Simonski »

so no ideas?

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

You shouldn't have grounding problems, but for spider bridges most attach the piezo sensor to one of the spider arms or to the cone (bass side). They aren't always the best soundwise either.

Check out this forum, I have been a member for years and there is a sh#tload of advice on amplifying resos. Tony Done over in Oz is particularly knowledgeable, but a search should give you the answers you need :)

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.musi ... =srg&hl=en

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

Oh and nice Regal, how does it sound? I had a metal body biscuit cone that with a National cone was great. Here is the Regal I have now, one of the last made by Amistar in the Czech Republic before the went to China

Simonski
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Simonski »

k1w1 wrote:Oh and nice Regal, how does it sound? I had a metal body biscuit cone that with a National cone was great. Here is the Regal I have now, one of the last made by Amistar in the Czech Republic before the went to China

its awesome, its more woody, my mate has a real bell brass dobro, but i like the more wood tones of this one

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

Yeah I have had an Epiphone Biscuit that I heavily modded....national cone rebuilt soundwell etc and a Johnson Triolian (both wood bodies)...really sorry i sold the Epi. The Regal tri is also bell brass and engraved...very controlled sound, not as brash as the single cones. I prefer the biscuits to the spiders though.

But check out that website, I know zilch about pickups but there are guys on there play pro and know whats what.