The Awesomeness of the P-90

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Simonski wrote:
its a Gibson
There's your problem...

Chances are both pickups are the same, no compensation for bridge vs neck position volume difference. With some pickups that difference is massive. I would expect to have the bridge pickup about 2mm from the strings and the neck pickup about 4-5mm away to get the right volume balance. If its still a significant difference, check for loose wires, check the volume pot, then the tone pot then disconnect the tone capacitor...
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Simonski
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Simonski »

ash wrote:
Simonski wrote:
its a Gibson
There's your problem...

Chances are both pickups are the same, no compensation for bridge vs neck position volume difference. With some pickups that difference is massive. I would expect to have the bridge pickup about 2mm from the strings and the neck pickup about 4-5mm away to get the right volume balance. If its still a significant difference, check for loose wires, check the volume pot, then the tone pot then disconnect the tone capacitor...
I have had some sucsess with a complete rewire bit ill adjust the pickups more tonight. BG The new pickup was the one from the neck I just swapped em round incase they were in backto front.
THIS SPACE IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TO LEASE Call 555-7226633 to lease

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

The P90 is indeed the most awesomenest pickup in the galaxy....
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Simonski wrote:
ash wrote:
Simonski wrote:
its a Gibson
There's your problem...

I have had some sucsess with a complete rewire bit ill adjust the pickups more tonight. BG The new pickup was the one from the neck I just swapped em round incase they were in backto front.
Ah right, pickup heights next ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Simonski
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Simonski »

bluesgeek wrote:
Simonski wrote:
ash wrote: There's your problem...

Ah right, pickup heights next ;)
I have also got a new wiring diagram to test.
THIS SPACE IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TO LEASE Call 555-7226633 to lease