Vintage Vibe pickups

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

oolaef
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Vintage Vibe pickups

Post by oolaef »

Hey everyone,

I've been doing some research into which humbucker sized p90s are the business, and the name vintage vibe keeps popping up (http://www.vintagevibeguitars.com/). Has anyone tried some of these in person, or even better sell them here?

Cheers!

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

There's a reason VVG p/ups keep popping up - because they are awesome. I've rambled on about these for years, mostly on deaf ears because most people want Seymour Duncan p/up's, DiMarzio's etc etc....and although they make some good pickups, there are better ones, like these.

Pete is a first class gentleman to deal with. Any problem whatsoever he will rectify.

The P-90's are probably what Pete is renowned for. They are without a doubt one of the best P-90's I have heard. My comparisons come from 1957 Gibson P-90's, Jason Lollar (which I still have in a Coronet), DiMarzio Vintage something-a-rather and other lesser sounding things not worth mentioning...VVG is preferred choice with exception to the original 57's. And then it's a draw kinda....

Good luck and let us know your decision. VVG will do you right....
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves