Seymour Duncan Blackouts

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Re: Seymour Duncan Blackouts

Post by hamo »

SD Gus G Blackouts System. Passive pups with an active preamp circuit?

http://www.seymourduncan.com/gusg/
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

That sounds very Alexi/HZ, snore.
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

cholera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by cholera »

I finally got a bridge blackout fitted in an RG7....TBH I wasn'y overly impressed, but I think that may be 3-4 years of wanting one leading me to build up in my head that were going to be the perfect pickup. Years ago I did an AB with a Blackout 7 vs EMG 707 and I have to say there the difference was amazing...tonewise, and noisewise, the Blackout was so much quieter (noisewise, not the signal). My friend has an old RG of mine with an Evo 7 in the bridge, and I compared this the other day with the Blackout....one through a 3 channel Triple recto, the other thru a 2 channel dual recto. The sound was suprisingly similar to me. I am happy with the Blackout, but I think I expected the world to end when I first plugged it in...it din't tho. Sounds good but I think my expectations had been a little too built up. In case nobody has mentioned, the Blackout 7's come in two sizes, one will retrofit any regular passive pups (phase 1) the other (phase 2) is a retrofit for "other 7 string active pickups". Which is pretty funny because they are an exact match for an EMG 707, but I guess they can't say that on the box.