Very Impressed

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Re: Very Impressed

Post by Bg »

Rog wrote:Agreed!

Of course the view was spoiled from where I was by some clown in a pink shirt wandering around checking out all the ladies... pretending he was lost!!
says the man who took binoculars to check out the old boilers with :wink:
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

So who was CD playing with for that gig? Ooh er
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

filthysmurf
Stagg
Stagg

Post by filthysmurf »

And a happy wee Les Paul gets it's voice back
Epi Les Paul
Epi Les Paul
Epi Les Paul 2.JPG (55.54 KiB) Viewed 4713 times
Seymour Duncan Jazz/SH5 Custom combo, the Tone knobs work backwards because I forgot to reverse the wiring diagram :lol:

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Doesn't the tone knob work backwards cos the guitar is backwards? :P
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

filthysmurf
Stagg
Stagg

Post by filthysmurf »

slash-ed wrote:Doesn't the tone knob work backwards cos the guitar is backwards? :P
Well, technically yes, but it's not nice to pick on us backwards types :wink:

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Do lefties feel the need to have a backwards volume knob on their stereo? Or the steering wheel on their car?
Or is having a backwards volume knob on a guitar just plain stupid?

Oh... Viva la GPNZ!
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

filthysmurf
Stagg
Stagg

Post by filthysmurf »

ash wrote:Do lefties feel the need to have a backwards volume knob on their stereo? Or the steering wheel on their car?
Or is having a backwards volume knob on a guitar just plain stupid?

Oh... Viva la GPNZ!
Nah, it' s cos I'd forever be turning the bugger off bumping the volume knob with all the down strokes :wink:

borge
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by borge »

so which way are they meant to spin? ive played/owned a few lefties and some go one way and some go the other.
volume swells with the pinky on the downstroke seems most intuitive to me, is that the norm?

filthysmurf
Stagg
Stagg

Post by filthysmurf »

I checked my 3 other Electrics and looking face on, all the knobs rotate ant-clockwise to increase volume/"brighten" the tone, which I guess is opposite to a Righty. It'd only really be an issue on my Strat cos the volume is right under the Bridge pickup and it'd drive me nuts if the Volume rotated the other way cos I WOULD be forever turning it down.

I've also tried a few lefties that have "backwards" wiring, my theory is that they pre-wire the Tone/Volume circuits before installing them in the guitar and every now and then Pots wired for a righty end up in a lefty cos of smaller batch sizes etc.

Kerchang
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Kerchang »

+1 from me. I have always received good fast service - well done dude.
Live at the Filament!!

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

filthysmurf wrote:Yesterday I ordered some bits and bobs to rewire my Les Paul from Guitarparts. I placed the order at 4:15, got the shipping confirmation at 5:28 and they arrived on my desk at work this morning (the next day) in Christchurch about 9:15!!!

Just thought It'd be nice to let everyone know what great service I got from these guys, and thanks!! :D
+1 from me as well.

last night at 5pm I placed an order for some Lizard Spit cleaning stuff, I figured it would be here on Monday after I get back from a weekend away just in time for me stripping the guitar down to fit new pickups and strings next week.

5:20pm got an email confiming shipping and it show up at my desk just before 10am (in Christchurch).

Now I don't want to go away this weekend, instead I want to wire up the new pickups and clean the guitar.

(I just wish I'd bought the pack of stuff now instead of just the bottles, but I thought the pack had smaller bottles, they may want to add pack/bottle volumes to the web site - but can't complain I'll find a microfibre cloth at home)

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head

Post by crushing day »

Cheers :)

The courier usually shows up at 5.20 every night, so we try and get any orders that comes in by 5pm out the same day.

Thanks for the heads up on the Lizard Spit care pack, i've updated the information.

http://www.guitarparts.co.nz/cart/Detai ... ategory=23

They have actually changed the polish bottle top to a trigger spray, so i need to update the picture as well... Great product!. :)
what we've got here is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

crushing day wrote:Cheers :)
you're welcome, good service needs recognising
They have actually changed the polish bottle top to a trigger spray, so i need to update the picture as well... Great product!. :)
That was the bit that confused be, they had different tops and the pack one looked smaller because it didn't have the trigger

JD
Gibson

Post by JD »

When I bought mine (yes, good product, excellent service especially shipping as I said before) I was too broke to afford the fret board stuff. How's the fret board spit working out?
Quite a few people swear by Fret Doctor.
So far I've just used a bit of very expensive cold pressed olive oil that we also use on the kitchen chopping block. That seems to work pretty good.
Country blues and acoustic lover.

Kristie
Token Rock Chick!

Post by Kristie »

+1 Guitarparts.co.nz from me too, for speedy accurate deliveries, and general helpfulness :)