Vintage Pun Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Mimiq Doubler

Post by Thewilltopowerrock »

willow13 wrote:
SimpleSi wrote: just use a single delay with 5-10ms :lol:
yes and no .. that will fatten the sound for sure (people have been doing it since the 80's at least) but it won't quite get you where this pedal does by the sound of the video. There is a distinct 2 guitar sound where as if you increase the delay with a on a delay pedal you start getting a more chorus or reverb sound

imo :mrgreen:
That's what I'm interested in, whether it can fatten the sound without resorting to either modulation or a second amp. In fact, to my philistine mind I can't see the point of the pedal if you still need two amps to get the effect.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Thewilltopowerrock wrote:
That's what I'm interested in, whether it can fatten the sound without resorting to either modulation or a second amp. In fact, to my philistine mind I can't see the point of the pedal if you still need two amps to get the effect.
well it is modulation but it sounds like the delay "wonders" to give the effect of nuances in playing so you don't get an exact copy of what you are playing. it is mono and stereo so no need for a second amp if you just want to fatten your tone but gives the option of running 2 amps.
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Thewilltopowerrock
Vintage Pun Junkie

willow13 wrote:
Thewilltopowerrock wrote:
well it is modulation but it sounds like the delay "wonders" to give the effect of nuances in playing so you don't get an exact copy of what you are playing. it is mono and stereo so no need for a second amp if you just want to fatten your tone but gives the option of running 2 amps.
Ah yep. My comment about the two amps was in relation to the consensus that it really only works on stereo, which to me makes it seem a bit redundant.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

don't know if the price is any good, but there is one for sale on Trademe.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrum ... 2ceb956c69
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

AiRdAd wrote:don't know if the price is any good, but there is one for sale on Trademe.

I would think it would be perfect to whack on when soloing live
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Thewilltopowerrock
Vintage Pun Junkie

AiRdAd wrote:don't know if the price is any good, but there is one for sale on Trademe.

I'd probably pay that to have a go with it - however I'm totally Hamo'd! I'm sure another will come along at some point, cheers for the heads up though :)