alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: My Tonal Awakening

Post by alanp »

As long as you're having fun has always been my motto when it comes to this gear business. In terms of investment I'd say it's leagues ahead of buying $900 video cards every two months.
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

And whose fingers
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1388 times
Been liked: 2132 times

Post by GrantB »

Imagine how good he would have sounded with proper gear.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7907 times
Been liked: 4257 times

Post by jeremyb »

*UNIQUE* wrote:Imagine how good he would have sounded with proper gear.
:lol:

Tone is in the cheque book, one of the greatest tones I ever heard was an HD500 into a ZT Club....
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

So the immediate uptake was not to check if your glasses prescription was out of date?
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

crowbgood1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 371 times
Been liked: 270 times

Post by crowbgood1 »

Was at the local music store today and they gave some stuff, a sort of balm i guess, to rub on you fingers before you play.
It's a new product some famous dude has developed. Truly amazing how good my guitar sounds now.

Just a small drop on my fingers, a beer or two.... truly a wonder product.

Jokes aside. It is meant to balance the Ph in your skin and make your strings last.
I have new string and lots of gig's lined up...so we shall see.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 666 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

The actual message of this story...

The Roland Blues Cube is a great little amp. Which it is.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1030 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Post by Slowy »

crowbgood1 wrote:Was at the local music store today and they gave some stuff, a sort of balm i guess, to rub on you fingers before you play.
It's a new product some famous dude has developed. Truly amazing how good my guitar sounds now.

Jokes aside. It is meant to balance the Ph in your skin and make your strings last.
Snap! Same experience. Made my hands feel slick. Wondered if it might make hanging on to a pick difficult. It's probably good for folks with toxic sweat. Same rep had some Tusq picks. Liked a lot and will buy when they're available. Sounded crisp and bright churning up a Gibson J 200.... had nothing to do with the guitar, of course. :lolno:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

ah, the oil of the snake....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

slowfingers wrote:
crowbgood1 wrote:Was at the local music store today and they gave some stuff, a sort of balm i guess, to rub on you fingers before you play.

Snap! Same experience. Made my hands feel slick. Wondered if it might make hanging on to a pick difficult. It's probably good for folks with toxic sweat. Same rep had some Tusq picks. Liked a lot and will buy when they're available. Sounded crisp and bright churning up a Gibson J 200.... had nothing to do with the guitar, of course. :lolno:
Yep, had the same rep at MP yesterday. The Graphtech finger stuff is meant to stop your strings rotting, as it neutralizes the ph in your retarded sweat, it makes the strings feel like they're fast fretted, which is a neat side effect, but not it's main purpose. The Tusq picks are cool, thin but stiff, and yes, in theory bring out more harmonics in acoustic guitars, I felt it was more a case of the picks being a bit stiffer than improved the sound, but water works. Ive got one at home, it sounds fine, but not sure if a picker ally makes that much of a difference.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

crowbgood1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 371 times
Been liked: 270 times

Post by crowbgood1 »

BG wrote:ah, the oil of the snake....
Yeh..that was it! Have you tried it?
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I have some, I use it on the snake, and I am a much better lover because of it...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

I don't rot strings, and $30 something is a lot to spend on toiletries; but hey, YMMV.

PB, picks make a huge difference to my acoustic sound. I've always got 3 or 4 different ones and will swap around depending on what I'm playing. Less fussy on electric as long as they're between .7 and .9
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

BG wrote:I have some, I use it on the snake, and I am a much better lover because of it...
Tiger Balm?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

nah, powdered rhino horn....

Snake oil dammit, are you telling me thats not what its for?