Pastasauce
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Pete Thorn's new LP

Post by Pastasauce »

slash-ed wrote:That "thunk" is everyone on the forum collectively hitting their heads against the wall every time you buy/sell an amp :lol:
I'm not sure they care about my amp purchases enough for that.

But I'm honoured/slightly afraid that you do. :moresarc:

Pastasauce
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Pastasauce »

jeremyb wrote:Thunk, nice word, how you running the settings? on mine I run the tone cut completely off, bass about 12pm, treble to taste, crank the channel volume to about 3pm and tame it with the master, YMMV :)
Pretty similar, actually. Bass more around 2pm, though. And tone cut maybe a quarter of the way on.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7907 times
Been liked: 4257 times

Post by jeremyb »

Pastasauce wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Thunk, nice word, how you running the settings? on mine I run the tone cut completely off, bass about 12pm, treble to taste, crank the channel volume to about 3pm and tame it with the master, YMMV :)
Pretty similar, actually. Bass more around 2pm, though. And tone cut maybe a quarter of the way on.
Turn that tone cut right off man, does nothing good :mrgreen:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 418 times
Been liked: 1022 times

Post by bender »

My AC15 was unusable at gig (or gearfest) volumes without the tone cut. The louder it went, the more denture-rattlingly bright it got.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

benderissimo wrote:My AC15 was unusable at gig (or gearfest) volumes without the tone cut. The louder it went, the more denture-rattlingly bright it got.
Seriously??? the HW? I've had mine at full noise and it was the same tone but louder, this was on the top boost channel tho'...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 418 times
Been liked: 1022 times

Post by bender »

jeremyb wrote:
benderissimo wrote:My AC15 was unusable at gig (or gearfest) volumes without the tone cut. The louder it went, the more denture-rattlingly bright it got.
Seriously??? the HW? I've had mine at full noise and it was the same tone but louder, this was on the top boost channel tho'...
Heritage. Both channels, no MV. Capt Black can vouch. I think his exact words were "that's some seriously piercing high end".

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

The perceived amount of treble on pretty much ALL amps increases noticeably when you wind them up.

JB, it must be that recent AC15 fanboyism in you that makes you think your amp is the exception ;)
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

slash-ed wrote:The perceived amount of treble on pretty much ALL amps increases noticeably when you wind them up.

JB, it must be that recent AC15 fanboyism in you that makes you think your amp is the exception ;)
It might be the tone suck from my pedalboard :mental:

sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sopachrga »

Na, I can vouch for him on that one. He had the Vol at 100% and while it was loud, it didn't get excessively bright compared to it's average volume starting point.
Ummm....

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

sopachrga wrote:Na, I can vouch for him on that one. He had the Vol at 100% and while it was loud, it didn't get excessively bright compared to it's average volume starting point.
:mental: