how long a pedal batteries supposed to last?

Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 1 time

Re: how long a pedal batteries supposed to last?

Post by Jenesis »

Pretty much.

dc
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 141 times

Post by dc »

Rog wrote:I can't understand why manufacturers still have battery-powered pedals. I mean - really - can you name ANY gigging muso who would rely on a battery for powering the pedals??
Me :D

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

Some Bozo wrote:Aren't the "nine volt" rechargeable batteries usually actually 7.2 volts ? That would probably probably make a lot of pedals sound like ass
Well, not really. Consider that a 9 volt battery is only 9 volts when it's full right? It would start losing voltage as soon as you start using it. I'd imagine at 7.2 volts the effect would still be going pretty strong. The rechargable battery idea sounds really smart to me.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

mr_sooty wrote:
Some Bozo wrote:Aren't the "nine volt" rechargeable batteries usually actually 7.2 volts ? That would probably probably make a lot of pedals sound like ass
Well, not really. Consider that a 9 volt battery is only 9 volts when it's full right? It would start losing voltage as soon as you start using it. I'd imagine at 7.2 volts the effect would still be going pretty strong. The rechargable battery idea sounds really smart to me.
So teh rechargeable woudl also start losing it's voltage as soon as you start using it and pretty quickly would be at 5 or 6 volts...
I'm thinking in particular of my nasty old boss hm-2 that used to go mental below about 7 volts, with fizzy stop start craziness
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

mr_sooty wrote:
9V batteries are usually around 10 or more new. once they drop below 9 they're not really much good IME
. smoke alarms will start their intermittent 'beep' for low battery for anything below 9 I think.

same as car batteries are really sitting around 13.8V charged, not the 12V they're listed as being.
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

and $69 (i think) for a godlyke is paid back pretty soon considering the cost of 9v batteries, and the amount of times you forget to unplug it... :wink:
then the hassle of putting the batteries in to some pedals :roll:
why bother with batteries, if you can plug in your amp to play the pedals through, plug in your pedals aswell
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jenesis »

Or wind up the rubber band, for those using a Zoom. :D

NZ__Ninja
Squier

Post by NZ__Ninja »

i have a boss metalzone that only works with batteries (the power adapter thing dont work) that ive had for around 5 months and the day i bought it i put a 9volt battery in and it has lasted to this day, the exact same battery, which im pretty amazed at, and this is with it being used a decent amount (heaps when i first got it, however im not so much of a metaler these days). so i think it all depends on the pedals and battery type and how much it gets used etc
Les Paul standard with Bareknuckle rebel yells
Ernie ball volume > Boss TU2 > Boss CS3 modded > Barber LTD >G2D Standard > Boss DD5 > TC nova repeater
Fender Blues Deluxe

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

NZ__Ninja wrote:i have a boss metalzone that only works with batteries (the power adapter thing dont work)
the PA9 have a battery connector 8)
NZ__Ninja wrote:hat ive had for around 5 months and the day i bought it i put a 9volt battery in and it has lasted to this day, the exact same battery,
:shock: wow i've never had batteries last more than a week in any pedal,

probably helps to unplug em tho :oops: :lol:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

Jenesis wrote:Or wind up the rubber band, for those using a Zoom. :D
LOLZ, zoom will be off the board when the courier arrives on tuesday :lol:

Bring on the Metal Muff :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
and a Pitchblack for tuning :lol:

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jenesis »

Sweet man, did you get the big daddy Muff?

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

Jenesis wrote:Sweet man, did you get the big daddy Muff?
trying all three, see which one sounds best to me :twisted: 8)

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

Ironbird13 wrote:and $69 (i think) for a godlyke is paid back pretty soon considering the cost of 9v batteries, and the amount of times you forget to unplug it... :wink:
then the hassle of putting the batteries in to some pedals :roll:
why bother with batteries, if you can plug in your amp to play the pedals through, plug in your pedals aswell
+1. Or any other regulated switchmode adaptor with enough draw for your pedals.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

Thread dredging again. Wondering whether it's worth getting a battery charger and a rechargeable 9v size battery. Am I wasting my time? Should I get a power supply instead?
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

hamo wrote:Thread dredging again. Wondering whether it's worth getting a battery charger and a rechargeable 9v size battery. Am I wasting my time? Should I get a power supply instead?
get a Godlyke :wink: