how long a pedal batteries supposed to last?

Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

lukanize
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

how long a pedal batteries supposed to last?

Post by lukanize »

Heya

How long is a 9v battery supposed to last in a pedal?
The ts7 i got the other day chewed through the battery in a couple of days...i might of left it on though...

Is it supposed stop drawing all power once the guitar is unplugged and is in off mode?

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Re: how long a pedal batteries supposed to last?

Post by Some Bozo »

lukanize wrote:Heya

How long is a 9v battery supposed to last in a pedal?
The ts7 i got the other day chewed through the battery in a couple of days...i might of left it on though...

Is it supposed stop drawing all power once the guitar is unplugged and is in off mode?
It should draw zero power when the input cable's unplugged. The battery will be wired through the cable connector in such a way that the circuit is broken if there's no cable inserted and no power can flow from the battery.
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

Just incase you missed something there, what SomeBozo is talking about is the plug going into the effect pedal. If you have a lead connected to the input of most effects pedals, they will draw power, regardless of whether the other end of that lead is connected to a guitar or not. Also, different pedals draw different ammounts. Many delay pedals will only last about 6 hours continuous use with batteries, where as most wahs will last up to 100 hours.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

I can't understand why manufacturers still have battery-powered pedals. I mean - really - can you name ANY gigging muso who would rely on a battery for powering the pedals??
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

Rog wrote:I can't understand why manufacturers still have battery-powered pedals. I mean - really - can you name ANY gigging muso who would rely on a battery for powering the pedals??
I like the convenience of a pedal that's ready to go even if I can't be arsed finding an adapator and plugging it in, although I never use it for any length of time without an adapter. I suppose a giging muso would think of the battery as a backup for the power supply.
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Depends on how much power the pedal drinks. I've had batteries in distortion pedals and wahs last for months, whereas a Tonecore pedal will drain a new battery in around fifteen minutes. :?

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

Jenesis wrote:Depends on how much power the pedal drinks. I've had batteries in distortion pedals and wahs last for months, whereas a Tonecore pedal will drain a new battery in around fifteen minutes. :?
Back in the day when people used modems, I had 14.4 Dynalink external modem that would drain a 9 volt battery in literally five minutes.

Ibanezdude
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Ibanezdude »

What is really needed is a pedal with a rechargable battery. Whenever you use an adapter to power the pedal, it recharges the internal battery, and so come the time when you need to use the pedal without mains power, its ready to go.

That would be sweeeet
A girl phoned me the other day and said, "Come on over, theres nobody home". I went over, nobody was home.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jenesis »

Some Bozo wrote:
Jenesis wrote:Depends on how much power the pedal drinks. I've had batteries in distortion pedals and wahs last for months, whereas a Tonecore pedal will drain a new battery in around fifteen minutes. :?
Back in the day when people used modems, I had 14.4 Dynalink external modem that would drain a 9 volt battery in literally five minutes.
I can't understand why manufacturers still have battery-powered modems...

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Ibanezdude wrote:What is really needed is a pedal with a rechargable battery. Whenever you use an adapter to power the pedal, it recharges the internal battery, and so come the time when you need to use the pedal without mains power, its ready to go.

That would be sweeeet
:idea: :idea:
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Ibanezdude
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Ibanezdude »

Tsuken wrote:
Ibanezdude wrote:What is really needed is a pedal with a rechargable battery. Whenever you use an adapter to power the pedal, it recharges the internal battery, and so come the time when you need to use the pedal without mains power, its ready to go.

That would be sweeeet
:idea: :idea:
If any one of you guys make and sell one, there will be lawsuits.... :lol:
A girl phoned me the other day and said, "Come on over, theres nobody home". I went over, nobody was home.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

Aren't the "nine volt" rechargeable batteries usually actually 7.2 volts ? That would probably probably make a lot of pedals sound like ass

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jenesis »

I've got some rechargeable Energizers, they say 8.4V on the label.

Haven't noticed whether they contribute any assness.

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

Some Bozo wrote:Aren't the "nine volt" rechargeable batteries usually actually 7.2 volts ? That would probably probably make a lot of pedals sound like ass
good for delays if they arent long enough for you :wink:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

lukanize
Stagg
Stagg

Post by lukanize »

hmmm so that means if i fave a few pedals chained together I have to unplug the input on each of them, thats annoying...