Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 2 times

Steve Hillage's tone ?

Post by Some Bozo »

Yeah that's right I said Steve Hillage. I don't actually want to sound like it, but just wondering if anyone knows what gear he used to get that piercing trebly tone he always used in the 70s ( and I think he still does in his current Techno incarnation ) . Octave pedal ? Synth Filter ?
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 859 times
Been liked: 276 times

Re: Steve Hillage's tone ?

Post by calling card »

The Hurdy Gurdy man!... could be anything by the looks of the rig that he's plugged into but I'm picking this humble beast or a derivative is in the chain:
note: pic stolen from DiscoFreq - thanks :D

Youtube: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SyrxtVnc- ... re=related
At about 3:00 on the vid it sounds like a good ol' fashioned OC44 Germanium style treble boost. You could run a competition to I.D this guys use of effects.

Cool, this jogged my memory to another lifetime ago when I bought an album called "Virginity" or something like that. It was Richard Branson's launch of his label Virgin Records.
2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head

Re: Steve Hillage's tone ?

Post by crushing day »

I remember Steve Hillage when i was a kid in England

some great playing here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzPpF_JZ ... re=related
what we've got here is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach