Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Re: Ritchie Blackmore Thread.

Post by Bg »

still on topic :P
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

I saw Purple in 1976 or 7...just after Bolin Joined. (I hadnt heard about it yet so was disappointed that I had not seen Blackmore) Bolin danced a lot...played little. Coverdale and Glenn Hughes were brilliant (Coverdale was kind of chubby and spotty in those days)

Again for Perfect Strangers in 1992ish. Blackmore seemed pissed and angry..fumbled a lot and did not come onstage for the encore!!! :shock: Gillan was fine

Saw Purple at ChCh Town hall 2 years ago with Morse on gat. Fantastic night. Great Band, great grooves, great atmosphere (except for the wankers shouting out "play the old shit" - which they did for the encores)

not withstanding the dissapointing show in 1992 I think Blackmore was (is) a fantastic player...kind of a classic rock Yngwie.
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Lawrence wrote:I saw Purple in 1976 or 7...just after Bolin Joined. (I hadnt heard about it yet so was disappointed that I had not seen Blackmore) Bolin danced a lot...played little. Coverdale and Glenn Hughes were brilliant (Coverdale was kind of chubby and spotty in those days)

Again for Perfect Strangers in 1992ish. Blackmore seemed pissed and angry..fumbled a lot and did not come onstage for the encore!!! :shock: Gillan was fine

Saw Purple at ChCh Town hall 2 years ago with Morse on gat. Fantastic night. Great Band, great grooves, great atmosphere (except for the wankers shouting out "play the old shit" - which they did for the encores)

not withstanding the dissapointing show in 1992 I think Blackmore was (is) a fantastic player...kind of a classic rock Yngwie.
I think the song was called "You keep on moving". Tommy Bolin was fantastic on that song. I didn't really like the album that much though.
Quite a few Deep Purple albums had a few good songs in amost some pretty average stuff. Machine Head and Burn are the exceptions (In Rock too), they were awesome pretty much every song. Anyone's Daughter? :lol: :lol:

I like his style where he will rake pick into fluid legato phases and bends, then do fast runs and repeating motifs while really digging in the pick (or was it fingernails).

Stormbringer
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Stormbringer »

Aquila Rosso wrote: Quite a few Deep Purple albums had a few good songs in amost some pretty average stuff. Machine Head and Burn are the exceptions (In Rock too), they were awesome pretty much every song. Anyone's Daughter? :lol: :lol:
Nothing wrong with Anyone's Daughter - it's a masterpiece! I think Fireball comes close to perfection, I just find No No No a little grating. Also I'd add Deep Purple to your list. I think the first two albums are hit and miss but that third is win win win. Some strong classical and jazz influences in amongst some good rock n' roll. Good diversity.
Pilgrim's Pyre live recordings up! We have sound! http://www.myspace.com/pilgrimspyre
Who am I? http://www.myspace.com/cashtonnz

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Stormbringer wrote:
Aquila Rosso wrote: Quite a few Deep Purple albums had a few good songs in amost some pretty average stuff. Machine Head and Burn are the exceptions (In Rock too), they were awesome pretty much every song. Anyone's Daughter? :lol: :lol:
Nothing wrong with Anyone's Daughter - it's a masterpiece! I think Fireball comes close to perfection, I just find No No No a little grating. Also I'd add Deep Purple to your list. I think the first two albums are hit and miss but that third is win win win. Some strong classical and jazz influences in amongst some good rock n' roll. Good diversity.
I like that Anyone's Daughter song lots.

Demon's Eye was on Fireball wasn't it?

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

I think the first clip is Purple in a nutshell...on the one hand you've got instrumental genius monstrousness, but on the other you've got retarded lyrics like:

Nobody gonna take my car
Im gonna race it to the ground
Nobody gonna beat my car
Its gonna break the speed of sound
Oooh its a killing machine
Its got everything
Like a driving power big
Fat tyres and everything
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Some Bozo wrote:I think the first clip is Purple in a nutshell...on the one hand you've got instrumental genius monstrousness, but on the other you've got retarded lyrics like:

Nobody gonna take my car
Im gonna race it to the ground
Nobody gonna beat my car
Its gonna break the speed of sound
Oooh its a killing machine
Its got everything
Like a driving power big
Fat tyres and everything
I remember we used to tolerate some pretty lame lyrics and singers just because we liked the guitarist's playing so much. Joe Lyn Turner for instance.

It is not much different now with all these masked "growlers" in Nu Metal bands. Some of the playing is great, but the singing/growling utter rubbish.