BEST musical experience of my life . . . .

Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: BEST musical experience of my life . . . .

Post by DarcyPerry »

Basket Case wrote:My best musical experience was having a gorgeous young thing show me her exquisite breasts to get me to play the song she wanted.
Sounds like my first gig with Midge Marsden...
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by matman »

DarcyPerry wrote:
Basket Case wrote:My best musical experience was having a gorgeous young thing show me her exquisite breasts to get me to play the song she wanted.
Did Midge show you his exquisite breasts?
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 358 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

oh dear.,., We've entered the Genesis part of this thread
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 354 times

Post by WellyBlues »

matman wrote:
DarcyPerry wrote:
Did Midge show you his exquisite breasts?
LOL and ROFL :lol:
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 358 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

NZRS-Dave wrote:I went to a outdoor garden wedding where there was a harp player ... she was quite attractive ... and she made the harp sing. I don't know if those things are easy to play or not, but she made it look easy.

I was bored with the wedding and was probably checking her out and wondering what was under the long classically wedding appropriate harp player dress that she was wearing ... and I think she might have spotted me. She smiled at me and I smiled back but gave her the metal horns in deference to what she was playing. She grinned back and even so subtley ... weaved Enter Sandman into the piece she was playing. I can't even begin to tell you how it sounded, but it was like jazz harp playing Enter Sandman snippets all the time it was cool.

I walked up when she had finished and thanked her for being a good sport ... I asked if she wanted a drink ... she was a cool 'you better get me a red wine or something ... I could f'n murder a bourbon but I better have wine so I look the part'.

I saw her about a year later and my wife recognised her first ... she had tats down to her tshirt line and over her shoulder. She looked MUCH hotter covered up - but what a choice-as woman.

Now when I play at church (once or twice a year), I try to drop as many rock riffs in as a can.

So yeah, that's my religious ceremony with a harp player story.

so weird - the wrything ion the harp..,.but, theyre someone's daughters.,.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/kIPj3hLNYls[/youtube]
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

When I was a younger man ... a gorgeous young thing requested 'The Gambler' and this was from a rock band who had just finished playing Creed and Shihad. To be fair, expecting The Gambler to be somewhere on the setlist was a big ask.

I said that I loved the song, but she'd have to show me her ... anyways ... she didn't ...I did .. and that was that.

EDIT - got halfway through and decided it was a little too off-topic.
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2492 times

Post by Slowy »

NZRS-Dave wrote:but she'd have to show me her ... anyways ... she didn't ...I did ...
- got halfway through and decided it was a little too off-topic.
Start a thread, "My Most Exposed Moments" I'll put a health warning on it.
You could start with your tongue and let things go downhill from there. :wink:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Help, the old people have "past participle of get" into that stash of little blue pills
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

slash-ed wrote:Help, the old people have "past participle of get" into that stash of little blue pills
:lol:
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

slowfingers wrote:
NZRS-Dave wrote:but she'd have to show me her ... anyways ... she didn't ...I did ...
- got halfway through and decided it was a little too off-topic.
Start a thread, "My Most Exposed Moments" I'll put a health warning on it.
You could start with your tongue and let things go downhill from there. :wink:
:shock:
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

slash-ed wrote:Help, the old people have "past participle of get" into that stash of little blue pills
Don't worry Ed, you're perfectly safe. :wink:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

can I have one of those medico pack things to make sure I know when to take them, or whether I need to take a red one for my bladder, or the green one for my wossname, alzheimers...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Easy. if you can't find your Boner, take the blue pill.

corsair
Gibson
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by corsair »

Going to see Rory Gallagher in Dunedin in 1979, spending most of the gig awe-struck with my jaw on the floor, and then, afterwards, still buzzing from the sheer power of the gig, going into a boozer, and literally bumping into Ted McKenna who then introduced me to Rory...

A true gentleman, he was to a callow youth from NZs south, and my hero worship has not really abated since....
There is no sort of aberrant behaviour that cannot be modified by use of the correct ammunition!