Hey all you shredders

Post by philipnz »

philipnz
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by philipnz »

Check out the John 5 clips and the behind the nut bends he does.
Never put down to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

philipnz wrote:Check out the John 5 clips and the behind the nut bends he does.
What the hell??? The dude that played in Marilyn Manson can actually play the guitar? :shock:

Cool link by the way 8)

Sicklehut
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Sicklehut »

Gelato wrote:
philipnz wrote:Check out the John 5 clips and the behind the nut bends he does.
What the hell??? The dude that played in Marilyn Manson can actually play the guitar? :shock:

Cool link by the way 8)
I don't listen to Marilyn Manson ... but I hear John 5 is actually quite a good player ... he has a solo album out called Vertigo which apparently has some country influence ... :shock: .. but also lots of shred ....

Anybody here heard the album :?: :?:
I woke up this morning and said to myself
Self what a great day it is for Rock and Roll ...

philipnz
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by philipnz »

Re John 5 - Respect!

This is what a friend of mine had to say about him. This guy is a past middle aged Beatles nut and about as far removed from Marilyn Mansons music as you can be.
6 months ago or so, we went to see Les Paul play at THE IRIDIUM jazz club. Great show. As you may know, musical guests who can cut it, have the balls to get up and play with The Les Paul Band of stellar musicians, and have the stomach for facing Les's raucous blasting, have to play 2 songs that they call and lead.
Well guess who got up to play? Yup, John 5, in a glowing Gold suit, and makeup, with white hair. You should've seen the look on Les's 79 year old midwest face. I think he was scared.
John 5 picked a blues number that he led. The guy played just beautifully.
Very ARTISTIC, and not the usual cliches. Les wouldn't stand for cliches. He really impressed everyone.
I don't remember what the 2nd tune was, but at the end, Les Paul had little to say(rare for Les) except for how wonderful John 5 had plyaed. In fact, Les, while on stage, personally invited this "stranger" to perform with him in a concert at a later date!
In a mutual moment of tribute to each other, John 5 got down on his knee and kissed Les's shoe. Well the place was silent. Les, again dumbstruck spoke first, and didn't know what to do. So he continued t gush as the crowd went wild in appreciation for Les. It took someone as strange as John 5 to capture the moment, and act out the gratitude we all feel for Les when we see him play LIVE. You had to BE THERE.
Then Les started back to joking on the guys hair and makeup.
If you need more read this - http://66.77.27.43/archive/artists/john5.shtml The guy is the consumate musician

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Not got bad taste in women either!
You can't do THAT on stage!

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

Sicklehut wrote:I don't listen to Marilyn Manson ... but I hear John 5 is actually quite a good player ... he has a solo album out called Vertigo which apparently has some country influence ... :shock: .. but also lots of shred ....

Anybody here heard the album :?: :?:
Well, after hearing about John 5, watching those vids above and reading all those articles, I thought I would get a hold of his album. I've listened to the album about 4 times now, and still can't quite get my jaw out of it's permanently dropped state :shock: It's a mind blowing shred fest mixed with some amazing country parts :? It sounds insane, but it just seems to work really well. It's like Steve Vai dressed as John Wayne, or something equally as difficult and disturbing to imagine. I can see this one getting well and truly worn out in the CD player :wink:

Tehhaxorr
The Devils Advocate

Post by Tehhaxorr »

He wrote the Baywatch theme ;) hes v cool
"I am the Black Wizard"