rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 657 times

Re: Buffered vs True Bypass Pedals

Post by rickenbackerkid »

I've had the Boss TU-2, DD-3, DD-5, DD-20, RV-3, RV-2, BD-2, SD-1, OD-3, OS-2, DS-1, DF-2, TR-2, PH-2, DC-2, and GE-7. They were all awesome.

Really regret selling the DD and RV stuff.

Pastasauce
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Pastasauce »

bbrunskill wrote:the more I play guitar, the more I realize that Boss just gets it right. They do NOT 'suck tone', the form and case design is better that anything else, and they sound really good.
I have a lot of Boss pedals, and for me the only general exception to this is overdrives. Most Boss overdrives just don't have the same level of responsiveness (getting more distorted under heavy pick attack... cleaning up when you wind down the guitar volume... stuff like that) as some of the booteek pedals, in my experience.

Of course I haven't tried every Boss pedal out there so I could be wrong.

But current board is full of booteek overdrives, and stock standard everything else (reverb, delay, tremolo, compression, wah etc).

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

sizzlingbadger wrote:Some don't like True Bypass due the fact they often pop / click when you press the foot-switch.
My flanger doesn't pop so much as CRACK! when I stomp on it :( I need to look at it some more.
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

RuBear
Gibson

Post by RuBear »

Sometimes you can have eq effects from pedals that you like as well. I've heard that some guitarists intentionally use a long spiral guitar cable because they like the sound it gives them.

They only hard and fast rule is that if you use a long chain of only TB pedals then you will loose treble. What happens when you use more than one buffer depends on the buffers and the arrangement of pedals.

Also note that when a pedal is engaged it will be acting as a buffer most of the time, so if you use a pedal as "always on" then you can count it.
Ok I got rid of my Foal quote, but I found a new one.
foal30 wrote:some 80's metal makes me want to dress up like a woman, just like they did back in the day.
is this sort of what you mean?

Pastasauce
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Pastasauce »

Another great video that answers some of my questions...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNU5NZQGF2Y&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 358 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

An easier way to manage this is to just play like a noob, solves my tone issues
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius