Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

What Effects do you use ?

Post by TMG 03 »

What is everybody using these days for effects?

I just got me a Jim Dunlop Rotovibe pedal. I have no idea what I am going to use it for. :cry: Sounds cool. The only tune I think it siuts is Shine on you Crazy Diamond. :wink: Well 5 bars of it.

Anybody else got anything interesting? Here is my list.

7 Different boss pedals. :P
G2D
Tech21 Double Drive
MXR supercomp
JD Wah
JD Rotvibe.
GT3 effects processor
Fender Tuner pedal.
3 Fender Amp Channel switching pedals.
Marshall Jackhammer

:roll: :roll:

Red Fred
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Red Fred »

I have a fair few pedals but only use some when I play.
I have:

Dunlop Crybaby (+)
PC Hot Cake (+)
Ibanez TS-9Tube Screamer (+)
Ibanez AD-9 delay (+)
MXR Pahse 90 (+)
Ibanez FL-9 Flanger
Digitech RP50 multifx
Danelectro overdrive

I use the ones with the (+) next to them. Also if anyone is keen to buy the Digitech RP50 I would be happy to sell it! :D

You mentioned interesting, well my Flanger and Delay are original early 80s 9 series pedals. All beat up but sound great. And my wah has been modified with true bypass and an LED.

philipnz
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by philipnz »

Used live
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Jekyll and Hyde Overdrive/Distortion
Boss DM-2 Analog Delay

Not used live
Line 6 MM-4 Modulation Modeller (Tremolo, Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Vibe) Just for clowning around with at home
Janglebox Compressor, not used, for sale. Top of the range boutique item

This week I should get a Roland VG-88 system just for a laugh to try.
Last edited by philipnz on Mon May 02, 2005 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBM Music

Post by DBM Music »

I used to have this line up.

Boss Metal Zone
Morley Tremonti Wah
Ibanez Phaser
Marshall Compresser.

Now i have sold all those for this

Guyatone Flip Tube Metal Monster
Guyatone Mirco Digital Delay
Boss Volume Pedal

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

I have a box full of pedals, but when I play out, all I ever need is supplied by my Zoom 3000S Player.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3930 times

Post by Bg »

sold all mine except for my wah and Pod XT. Will probably be looking for a cheap little reverb and overdrive at some point for practicing in the office with.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

I've got rid of pretty much everything but my Zoom 9150, and a Alesis Midiverb 4 since I don't really play guitar outside my music room at home. I think I used the Midiverb once and haven't touched it since. On the Zoom, I use Overdrive, Delay, Reverb, bit of chorus for clean stuff and the much maligned Zoom Noise Reduction... I also am trying more software effects programs especially Guitar Rig lately :)

Jops
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Jops »

I use all my pedals at the mo but it's not quite ideal (eg. I only use the ns2 for powering my other pedals, I never have it turned on) and when Im at home or havin a jam with mates I usually just go straight to the amp. The effects I have are all used for certain songs (except for the BC-9, still tryin to figure that one out). Anyway here they are...

In front of amp;
Tech 21 Wah
George Dennis Vol/Tremelo
Hotcake
Ibanez BC-9

in the loop;
Boss PQ4
Boss NS2
Akai Headrush

I'd like a nice phase, some more od/dist boxes and something to power all my pedals so I don't have to use the NS2.

Someone said effects are like little boxes of crack... They're not wrong :)

Jon

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

For recording on the PC or practicing thru headphones: Zoom 505II multi-effects.

When playing thru the Laney: Boss GE-7 eq pedal to boost the highs and cut bass when using the "drive 1" channel, which otherwise is a bit (ok, a lot) lacking in bite unless I crank the gain, which kind of defeats the purpose of it being the lower gain drive channel :? I also use my old ProCo Rat 2 with the clean channel for some bluesy or rock'n'roll tones, and with the drive 1 channel for a real grubby "four flat tyres on a muddy road" sort of ZZ Top tone.

Unused at present: Boss CE-5 (I think) stereo chorus, and a very old Ibanez "Time Machine" which has flanger and delay.
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Bluesbird
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Bluesbird »

I have a few, but never use any of them. The only effects I use now come from my fingers 8)

I really dig the smooth clean sound of a good guitar straight into a nice tube amp. If I feel like some overdrive, pedals just can't compare to the sheer power and tone of a naturally overdriven tube amp. Which is why I prefer single-channel, low powered amps - it gives you the option, either way. Most pedals just sound sterile and fake to me.
"Under the monsters claws and in between his teeth
Was the shadow and a silhouette of what I thought I’d be
I don’t mind falling down and scraping up my knees
Scars and Stitches always fade and only strengthen me."
- Guster

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

I went without any kind of pedals for 12 years or so, but I got an Ibanez DS7 distortion box on the cheap last year, so I use that in the test rig on my setup bench.

I also have an old Gunn Overdriver, Octivider and Tonebender. The last two suck hairy dog's balls, but the overdriver can be put to good use in front of a valve amp by using the guitar's volume knob and adjusting the vigour of you pluck to get the right sounds.

I now have a Zoom GM-200 amp modeller for testing, recording and general bumming around. Its very good, but some sounds aren't that good through an amp, but others aren't that good through headphones or DI. Plenty of useful goodness in there, though :D
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Rog

Post by Rog »

I loathe playing clean without some delay/reverb at least.

DBM Music

Post by DBM Music »

Hey Rog interested in selling any of those pedals? PM me if you are

Rog

Post by Rog »

Hi Dennis

I'm not selling any gear until I retire - then I'll probably just give them to my kids.

DBM Music

Post by DBM Music »

Phew good, my wife would off killed me... We just got a new computer because my old one blew up both of me hard drives....