What's Solo's Do You Wish You Could Play?

Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Re: What's Solo's Do You Wish You Could Play?

Post by Bg »

Danger Mouse wrote:
Frey wrote:Any of my own solos more than once...

This, which is really bloody odd, because if I am noodling away by myself, I tend to repeat the same licks and runs over and over... but as soon as I try and links some of it together for an actual solo, it's a one time only affair.
the best part is if you're doing it live. Then people can say "well even DM doesn't play it like he recorded it, he likes to keep it fresh...."
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

it always makes me laugh when I hear guys say "I never play the same solo twice"......... that should read "I can't play the same solo twice" :rofl: :rofl:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

willow13 wrote:it always makes me laugh when I hear guys say "I never play the same solo twice"......... that should read "I can't play the same solo twice" :rofl: :rofl:
Yup thats the one ;)
When I played live, a long time ago, I always tried to keep a couple of solos the same, so I didn't have to think to much and it was a bit of a rest. Nope, never came out the same, my memory was shot to shit even then lol....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 663 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

BG wrote:
Danger Mouse wrote:
Frey wrote:Any of my own solos more than once...

This, which is really bloody odd, because if I am noodling away by myself, I tend to repeat the same licks and runs over and over... but as soon as I try and links some of it together for an actual solo, it's a one time only affair.
the best part is if you're doing it live. Then people can say "well even DM doesn't play it like he recorded it, he likes to keep it fresh...."
Playing live was a shocker for me, I'd regularly just completely forget what the solo was meant to go like and have to come up with something on the spot, or I'd be so nervous and concentrating on the few solos I thought I'd really nailed on the recording or during practice, I'd lose my timing and be sloppy as hell. Got the feeling those people really just thought I was drunk (which I never was).
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

Did anyone notice on the 4th page that there were some posts from Oct 2012 randomly in there.
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

NZRS-Dave wrote:Did anyone notice on the 4th page that there were some posts from Oct 2012 randomly in there.
yes, I suspect thats because it was a thread dredge from 2012, nothing random... ;)

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NZRS-Dave »

BG wrote:
NZRS-Dave wrote:Did anyone notice on the 4th page that there were some posts from Oct 2012 randomly in there.
yes, I suspect thats because it was a thread dredge from 2012, nothing random... ;)
But there was 2014 before and after it. *confused*
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

NZRS-Dave wrote:
BG wrote:
But there was 2014 before and after it. *confused*
? not that I can see, perhaps I'm not looking right or we're in the twilight zone

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NZRS-Dave »

Ermmm ... ignore me.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

NZRS-Dave wrote:Ermmm ... ignore me.

If you insist...
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NZRS-Dave »

Frey wrote:You're doing it wrong..
Touche.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

sadly we all have "that" picture of you burnt on our retina.....have tried really hard to forget it but I am still having nightmares
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

willow13 wrote:
sadly we all have "that" picture of you burnt on our retina.....have tried really hard to forget it but I am still having nightmares
snap. have you tried acid? I didn't go that far, but bleach didn't do the trick :(