Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

lionking
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Jammed a couple covers, Purple Haze and Possum Kingdom

Post by lionking »

Nothing fancy recording wise just a Canon ZR recorder and my favorite strat and Marshall JVM 410 live guitar to a back track on a cd.. :crazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDUgTte- ... e=g-crec-u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4_-LIbS ... e=g-crec-u

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Re: Jammed a couple covers, Purple Haze and Possum Kingdom

Post by Bg »

Long time no see :) Will have a listen later when I can do it justice!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

lionking
Ashton
Ashton

Post by lionking »

Hello BG how are you? Hope everything is well with everybody here. Use headphones probably better that way but no fancy recording anyway like I said, just raw and live mistakes and all. One thing though my phase with Mesa is over, back to Marshall I tried to with that Mesa but it was always buzz saw metallic overdrive. Great amp for somethings but never that sound I wanted, I'll keep it but Marshall all the way again for me except maybe a Splawn in the future.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

I liked those.

I also liked the Limelight cover you had posted on youtube as well. I've been playing the intro to that song forever and keep meaning to practice some more of the song. Where is your backing track for limelight from?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

lionking wrote:Hello BG how are you? Hope everything is well with everybody here. Use headphones probably better that way but no fancy recording anyway like I said, just raw and live mistakes and all. One thing though my phase with Mesa is over, back to Marshall I tried to with that Mesa but it was always buzz saw metallic overdrive. Great amp for somethings but never that sound I wanted, I'll keep it but Marshall all the way again for me except maybe a Splawn in the future.
Ha Marshall heft mere MMMMMmmmmmmm... Good to see you about, don't be a stranger eh ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 857 times
Been liked: 276 times

Post by calling card »

Nice work there. You've highlighted what may be my problem - I don't want to be a solo youtube artist. Keep on jamming bro, good to hear from you.
2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

lionking
Ashton
Ashton

Post by lionking »

sty I think I got it from guitarbackingtrack site. I was gonna do Hendrix " Wind cries Mary" and a couple others this week but met some guys looking to start a band and they gave me a list of 10 songs to learn by Sunday for the first jam together so I have to focus on that instead. I swear I could learn 200 songs but every time I jam with a band they do other songs I don't know usually. :roll:

10 might sound like a lot in a week and a couple are pretty easy but a couple are kinda are not for me any way. But its all cool :D