Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Seven sisters Pedal.

Post by TMG 03 »

Anybody using the Seven sisters pedal?

I have a Eve tremolo pedal. Which is a different voiced tremolo to the others in my collection.

But asking how do you all get on with ion cell that they use? its great that its doesn't take a power lead of the power pack, but I find they drain very quickly.

any tips on how you use it would be great.

thanks

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Re: Seven sisters Pedal.

Post by handsoffmatt »

TMG 03 wrote:Anybody using the Seven sisters pedal?

I have a Eve tremolo pedal. Which is a different voiced tremolo to the others in my collection.

But asking how do you all get on with ion cell that they use? its great that its doesn't take a power lead of the power pack, but I find they drain very quickly.

any tips on how you use it would be great.

thanks
They shouldn't drain too quickly - they should in fact last for quite a long time.

However, like any other battery powered pedal, if you leave a cable plugged in the input jack, they will continue to drain battery even when they are turned off. Therefore it is highly advisable to unplug the pedal's input when you're not playing. Could this be the issue you are experiencing?
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

That was my first problem. You need to disconnect them from the pedal chain in order to save the life. that took a couple of harsh lessons to learn
Its a great idea, but I can't see it working as they intended in the real world. For an $70 pedal they work pretty well. Don't know if I am keen to depend on them live
as much as I would like.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Do they not have a bypass switch or something?
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 656 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

TMG 03 wrote:That was my first problem. You need to disconnect them from the pedal chain in order to save the life. that took a couple of harsh lessons to learn
Its a great idea, but I can't see it working as they intended in the real world. For an $70 pedal they work pretty well. Don't know if I am keen to depend on them live
as much as I would like.
You can also disconnect the battery by plugging in a normal pedal power supply.

I think people don’t quite get the seven sisters line - I think the point is that you can plug them in with a daisy chain at home, get them fully charged, and then take them charged to the gig, leaving the power supply and all that guff at home.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

bbrunskill wrote: I think people don’t quite get the seven sisters line - I think the point is that you can plug them in with a daisy chain at home, get them fully charged, and then take them charged to the gig, leaving the power supply and all that guff at home.
I like the idea but my pedal board has a one-spot and the wiring is sort of stapled into place so all I have to do is plug the one thing into the wall and I'm set. Kind of like most people, I guess. Is "the power supply and all that guff" a biggie for you?
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

I think it's a case of trying to create a solution where, for 99% of people, there's no actual problem. All too common these days.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

Conway wrote:I think it's a case of trying to create a solution where, for 99% of people, there's no actual problem. All too common these days.
Hmmm... yes. Useful for busking, maybe.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook