Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Neunaber Seraphim

Post by Eruera »

http://neunaber.net/collections/frontpa ... mmer-pedal

Looks pretty awesome to me, regular wet and shimmer sounds (selectable!) in one pedal :congrats:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7840 times
Been liked: 4229 times

Re: Neunaber Seraphim

Post by jeremyb »

I wonder if he'll add that functionality to the wet, the long hold to switch between them, it would be nice to not have to load the shimmer software on and off again...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 675 times
Been liked: 574 times

Post by TmcB »

That would defeat the purpose of the new product, surely?
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

TmcB wrote:That would defeat the purpose of the new product, surely?
Nahhhh the stereo pedals can do so much more :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Was excited by this announcement but then noticed you have no Tone control over the Shimmer effect mode... You can't dial out the cheese! You also have no Tone control on the reverb side either.

So it gains extra functionality but loses some at the same time. Sticking with my Slate for now :thumbup:

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Neunaber Seraphim

Post by Eruera »

That's a good point mogwai! I'll stick with me bigsky haha

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

MogwaiBoy wrote:Sticking with my Slate for now :thumbup:
Oooooh when did you get that Jae???? I've played around with loading the other software onto my stereo wet, the delay is pretty nice!

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Neunaber Seraphim

Post by KentNZ »

Eruera wrote:That's a good point mogwai! I'll stick with me bigsky haha
Actual laughter. :)
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

handlefras
Gibson
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by handlefras »

Anyone tried the 'Infinity Hold' on the Wet? I've tested the other modules, but I wasn't aware this was available...
Too many guitars, not enough talent.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

handlefras wrote:Anyone tried the 'Infinity Hold' on the Wet? I've tested the other modules, but I wasn't aware this was available...
Yes I have. In short: It's good, shows promise but needs a bit of work to be useable for me. The king of the freeze/hold effect is the BigSky (:

I compared the Infinity Hold directly with my EHX Freeze. They sound really different actually (how they actually capture the signal isn't the same) and can both do unique things. The Freeze can do the momentary switch thing while the Infinity Hold can't. But the Hold has a few advantages... 1) A tone control for the hold. 2) Stereo. 3) You can download a special firmware that does buffered, always-on Wet reverb AND hold (footswitchable) at the same time.... pretty cool if you like a touch of reverb at all times.

It seems to capture a few hundred milliseconds (rather than the Freeze's low, low millisecond grab) and kinda ping-pongs the 'sample' while adding reverb to it... so it's quite natural sounding. However, the dealbreaker for me is the chorus modulation of the frozen note - or specifically - not being able to control the depth of the chorus effect. When you capture a chord and play over it, the Infinity Hold continues modulating the frozen note at such a depth that it kinda sounds like detuning.. you know, that seasick chorusy warble. Cool for shoegaze but hmmm. I really wish you could make the mod more subtle.

Reminds me I've been meaning to email Neunaber and tell them that. The Infinity Hold firmware is "Beta" apparently, so perhaps they'll tweak it.