Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Re: Rigs of the (Kiwi) Stars

Post by handsoffmatt »

higainer wrote:Cool thread.
My guess is most touring bands would forego the booteek & stick with reliable meat & potatoes rigs.
This.

Good ears and experience can make meat & potatoes rigs sound amazing. After all....it's classic tones MADE using meat & potatoes gear that most bedroom boutiquers are chasing....

I've seen Shihad a few times over the years and their live guitar tones have always been second to none, from back in their recto days to the current Orange AD30 rigs.
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1208 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Watching Shihad at ACDC they came across as a very tight band with great skills and tones, I just don't like their songs. They remind me a bit of the Foo's I really like some of their stuff but a lot of it is just a bit soulless to me.

as you were.... back to the gear !
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

sizzlingbadger wrote:Watching Shihad at ACDC they came across as a very tight band with great skills and tones, I just don't like their songs. They remind me a bit of the Foo's I really like some of their stuff but a lot of it is just a bit soulless to me.

as you were.... back to the gear !
I'm with you on that in general. I do really really like half a dozen of their songs but yeah most of their stuff just all blends into one big sound that does nothing for me.....probably the greatest live NZ band though :?:

oh and is this thread failing?? or are shihad the only kiwi stars that have a rigs :rofl:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7727 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Devilskin:

Black corset x 1
Red goatee x 2
Marshall logos ad finitum
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.