Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Glenn Frey

Post by Jay »

When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Re: Glenn Frey

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Arse !
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 374 times

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

Yikes. Not a fan at all, but damn...

dylan
Gibson
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by dylan »

Really gifted songwriter, terrible person. is so often the case...

One thing that Glenn Frey had in common with many of us is he wasn't a natural lead guitar player, but after decades of practice he was finally able to wail. He allways wanted to be a rock lead player, when the eagles started he was terrible, but by the time they reformed he was able to trade solos with Joe Walsh!

He also wasnt a naturally amazing singer. On the early eagles stuff, Don and Randy are allready vocally friggin amazing, but Glenn had a normally imperfect sounding voice.

He sure was a brilliant songwriter tho.
Last edited by dylan on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
:evil: Mids so haunting that demons took over my living room and now my guitar glows! :evil:

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Some say he was a thug and a bully but he sure knew how to get the goods from an awesome band.
RIP Mr Frey.

I'm so relieved he wasn't 69.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

yeah totally devastated by the news today, do glad I got to see them in the 90's and last year.....wish there was more chances to see them but sadly there never will be now.

Can't really put in to words how much this sucks so i'll let Don Henley handle that

“He was like a brother to me; we were family, and like most families, there was some dysfunction. But, the bond we forged 45 years ago was never broken, even during the 14 years that the Eagles were dissolved. We were two young men who made the pilgrimage to Los Angeles with the same dream: to make our mark in the music industry — and with perseverance, a deep love of music, our alliance with other great musicians and our manager, Irving Azoff, we built something that has lasted longer than anyone could have dreamed.

“But, Glenn was the one who started it all. He was the spark plug, the man with the plan. He had an encyclopedic knowledge of popular music and a work ethic that wouldn’t quit. He was funny, bullheaded, mercurial, generous, deeply talented and driven. He loved his wife and kids more than anything.

“We are all in a state of shock, disbelief and profound sorrow. We brought our two-year ‘History of the Eagles Tour’ to a triumphant close at the end of July and now he is gone. I’m not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life.

“Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some.”
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Clanger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Clanger »

RIP. He left a great musical legacy for his friends and family to be proud of.
Make Music Great Again

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

I'm thinking that (no disrespect younglings) if you're north of 30, and particularly if you're north of 40 the ground beneath our (musical) feet is dissolving with increasing rapidity. We're too old to take on new heroes (sure, we'll appreciate some new artist but rarely will we idolise them), and all those we had are passing on at an ever increasing rate. It's like when you lose a parent - suddenly YOU'RE the 'older generation', and you don't quite know how to fill the huge shoes left behind.
Bowie. Frey. Even Lemmy. A chapter is definitely closing, our kids will never appreciate like we do what these people did to the world around them.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

The day music died... oh yeah, don maclean arrested too....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

I will shed a tear the day Keef dies.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote:I will shed a tear the day Keef dies.
Bah. He'll outlive all of us.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.