Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Re: Help with Playing & Singing

Post by The Scarecrow »

Capt. Black wrote:Hey Reuben. Long time!

Ages since I've seen you guys live.
Are Kris and Nick still the rhythm beasts?

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said the music was maturing.

I'd say go new! If you're taking over vocals, write new stuff that is all yours. Do what works for your voice and ability.

As for the older material, maybe pick the best of the songs you're most comfortable with and strip out all the excess guitar parts.
You've always had a way with a riff. So imo stripping things back to let the rhythm section drive the songs could have the effect of lending much more impact when guitar comes in and, new arrangements should give the set a freshen up it probably needs.

Maybe? :)
Kris is still drumming, Nick left us about 2-3 years ago, though his replacement Rob is a better fit overall.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

Thanks for the support guys.

I think it's as most of you point out, practice is key. I reworked a couple of songs over the weekend and to be honest, I think they sound a bit better now. Will see how it pans out with band tomorrow.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by Delayman »

Playing bass and singing is much harder in my opinion, I either make the bass line match the vocal tempo, or I sing a melody that matches the bass line. Don't know how Sting does what he does.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...