Cab Selection Quandry -> Impulse Response Selection...

Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Cab Selection Quandry -> Impulse Response Selection...

Post by Bg »

just reminded me to try that cab. My goto config is a couple of plexi's with different settings and different cabs.
If I was to start messing around with IR's though, I may as well just use Bias Amp as its built in. Don't think the HD Pro is going to be staying, just not a great point of difference for me. I was thinking of running it into an amp but then it just gets messy with all the cabling so.... may be going back to trademe.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Mmmm set it with low cut at 20Hz, drop the resonance a bit and play around with the other settings, I run a parametric EQ after the amp and cab to get rid of any nasty frequencies, makes a big difference, really happy with the sound I'm getting now :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

yeah I'm not playing out though so its a big of overkill for me when I've spent cash on software solutions that are as good. Its taken me a fuck tonne of time to get the behringer programmed in right. There is no obvious rhyme or reason to the bloody thing. But now I have the knack, I should write down the steps else I'll forget and start saying quim a lot.

Curiously, my plexi set up is Plexi Lead 100 through a 4x12 greenback and a plexi lead 100 bright through the 4x12 blackback 30.

This I rolled by myself and it sounds bloody good, nice mixture.

So I've spent a week with this, now back to bias. Which has nowhere near the amount of FX. Though the amp sims are bloody good. And we have IR.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Big pile of free IR's available here: http://www.wilkinsonaudio.com/product/gods-cab/
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »