Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: The best tone I think I've ever had...

Post by Molly »

griff7628 wrote:My close-to-dream solo tone is on Roger Waters In The Flesh Live album. Have a listen to the solo on Another Brick In The Wall pt 2. Dave Kilminster, his guitarist, plays a tele through a Brunetti amp with a Hermida Zendrive on. It's gorgeous.
Which reminds me. One of my favourite tones is Dave Gilmour playing a Tele on the track 'I Put a Spell on You' with Mica Paris on a Jools Holland 'guest' album. Just a beautiful tone. It's just on the edge of break-up and has his usual immaculate phrasing.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

Molly wrote:
griff7628 wrote:My close-to-dream solo tone is on Roger Waters In The Flesh Live album. Have a listen to the solo on Another Brick In The Wall pt 2. Dave Kilminster, his guitarist, plays a tele through a Brunetti amp with a Hermida Zendrive on. It's gorgeous.
Which reminds me. One of my favourite tones is Dave Gilmour playing a Tele on the track 'I Put a Spell on You' with Mica Paris on a Jools Holland 'guest' album. Just a beautiful tone. It's just on the edge of break-up and has his usual immaculate phrasing.
Through a Hiwatt I suppose too. Love the edge of breakup basic tones.

kwhelan
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by kwhelan »

and what did the recording studio producer add or alter in post, its all smoke and mirrors

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

This! Plus Jeff Beck's tone on the Roger Waters studio album, amused to death.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

olegmcnoleg wrote:
Will Spotify this later today. :thumbup:

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

kwhelan wrote:
and what did the recording studio producer add or alter in post, its all smoke and mirrors
Yeah I guess. But the basic tone is there, and it's really good.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

olegmcnoleg wrote:
Shit I didn't know Beck played on that!

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

Molly wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Will Spotify this later today. :thumbup:
Make sure you get the right album, has to be 'In The Flesh - live' It has barbed wire on the cover. I dont think his tone was quite as good on the latest live Wall recording they did.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Except Dave k wasn't playing with roger then... Snowy white and Doyle bramhall II, also Andy fairweather low. DVD is highly recommend too.

Snowys solo is absolutely killer....

So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Molly wrote:
except he used a strat...

So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Bg wrote:
Except Dave k wasn't playing with roger then... Snowy white and Doyle bramhall II, also Andy fairweather low. DVD is highly recommend too.
Downloading on Spotify as we speak. Just off out for a few hours so will play it in the car. Cheers. :thumbup:

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

griff7628 wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Claptons playing on pros and cons of hitchhiking is damned tasty too.

For me of all the guitarists that have played with Roger, Gilmour is probably the most boring... Gilmours solo work really just leaves me feeling cheated.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

snowy rig rundown from the wall shows, well worth a watch - no fancy pedals or amps :)

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Bg wrote:
griff7628 wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Claptons playing on pros and cons of hitchhiking is damned tasty too.

For me of all the guitarists that have played with Roger, Gilmour is probably the most boring... Gilmours solo work really just leaves me feeling cheated.
This. And another reason why I've given up buying CDs.

Feel sure he recorded that JH track on a Tele. Maybe that's what I saw him use on Later. Great tone regardless.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Fave Clapton tone for me is Edge of Darkness. Great tone and restrained, tense playing.