Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 740 times
Been liked: 512 times

Re: How to connect FM3 to Audio interface, DAW

Post by Zaulkin »

Bitbull wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:00 pm
Zaulkin wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:40 am Guitar > FM3 > Komplete Audio 6 > Monitors
Connect the FM3 into the 1/4 inch inputs on the back and reserve the mic inputs for your mic / other stuff.

Then create a patch within your FM3 - the main part of the patch is normal, going to OUT1. That will be your main signal. Create a split cable off IN1 to OUT2, which will give you your DI signal.
This looks good - but I don't know how to do it in FM3 and cubase - provided I have done the same physical connection you described what Im trying to do is let the audio interface be my main playback from my pc; i.e: when watching youtube, etc. then if i want to play guitar, the sound comes from same monitors with my FM3 processsed sound, and if i want to record, I just open cubase and record while hearing the feedback from the monitors. HOW DO I ACHIEVE THIS? and is it even possible?
Yes it is possible - just connect the FM3 like I described.

Turn on your FM3. There probably won't be any sound coming through yet. Assuming your patch is mono, open up cubase and create a track. Look for a button called 'direct monitoring' and turn that on. You should then be able to hear the FM3 if the levels are right. If you want to record your playing, hit the record button.

Basically this means you need to open up cubase every time you want to run the FM3 through your monitors.

That's how I run my setup (but I use reaper) and I created some templates that are ready to go if I feel like writing music.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 740 times
Been liked: 512 times

Post by Zaulkin »

You may be able to direct monitor without cubase on (if you can do it using your interfaces digital mixer) but you may hear an unwanted doubling effect while you record, so I turn that off.

Bitbull
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by Bitbull »

Thanks mate, that works! sound quite powerful too through the channel, not sure if its preamped or what, but ill take it!
BitBull

I'm John Lee Hooker in the sense that he was a blues man and he played blues his whole life. I'm a rock guy and I'm going to play rock music my whole life.