Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Grant
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

I rounded up a Rodent ...

Post by Grant »

The Rat2 arrived this morning, and its been stomped on and squealing all day.
Its just Bloody Awesome ! It works really well with my Bad Monkey which I've mucked around with by using it at the same time to add even more punch/roundness/fullness .. whatever ... grunt ! They work very well together IMHO.
The Rat can produce very sweet sounds, as can the Monkey. I think I may now have the overdrive and distortion sounds I want covered. The Rat seems to work well with my Tele, but I think I like it more with my LP. It is so rich in harmonics, and you can sustain a note as long you want ... yep .. a lot of fun !!! 8) The Bad Monkey works equally well with either guitar in my view.

I've bought and sold a few pedals recently in the search for the tone I want, but think I have finally lucked in with the Bad Monkey and now this Rat !!Two excellent pedals. I would recommend them both, no problems :)
Last edited by Grant on Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This won't take long, did it ?"

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

respect to the rat, what amp you using it infront?

Grant
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Grant »

thehenderson wrote:respect to the rat, what amp you using it infront?
Vox AD50VT amp.

The line up I am using is: Guitar > Bad Monkey > (Behringer TU100 tuner hanging out of the mixer output of the Monkey - so not actually in the loop) Rat2 > Behringer UC100 Ultra Chorus > Behringer UT100 Ultra Tremelo > Vox amp.

Not exactly top of the line, but it puts a grin on my face .... 8)

Grant
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Grant »

I think what I "need" now is a wah wah, and maybe a graphic equaliser, .. but the plastic fantastic is protesting, ... so they will have to wait for the next bout of GAS :lol:

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3933 times

Post by Bg »

I can't recommend anything in the Wah department, I have an old crybaby which I stomp on sometimes, its a tone killer if not true bypassed and theres many more on the market which would eat it for breakfast. I've got the monkey bolted onto the board and had a quick play to check everything was working, sounds good so far - will know much more about it tomorrow when its cranked up at the gearfest ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Grant
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Grant »

bluesgeek wrote:I can't recommend anything in the Wah department, I have an old crybaby which I stomp on sometimes, its a tone killer if not true bypassed and theres many more on the market which would eat it for breakfast. I've got the monkey bolted onto the board and had a quick play to check everything was working, sounds good so far - will know much more about it tomorrow when its cranked up at the gearfest ;)
Yes I reckon you will be impressed with it.
As far as Wah's go ..... don't laugh, but a young guy down at my local music shop has just added a ... wait for it ...... Behringer Wah to his line up, and he loves it. He has tried a few but says the Behringer is very good. For $70, I am certainly going to check one out, .... and probably their graphic equaliser ..... $70 also.
I should probably just go in each week and by a new Behringer pedal,
until I have the lot !!! lol :lol:

Who said "cheap bastard" ??? LOL :lol: They are goodbloodyvalue I say !!!! :wink:

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

Are those voxes the modeling ones, or the valve statey ones? I'm sorry, I don't know alot past the AC15 and 30s

With the POD I found it didn't like pedals

The rat seems to be a pedal that warms up even the most solid state of amps. Good investment.

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

Grant wrote:
bluesgeek wrote:I can't recommend anything in the Wah department, I have an old crybaby which I stomp on sometimes, its a tone killer if not true bypassed and theres many more on the market which would eat it for breakfast. I've got the monkey bolted onto the board and had a quick play to check everything was working, sounds good so far - will know much more about it tomorrow when its cranked up at the gearfest ;)
Yes I reckon you will be impressed with it.
As far as Wah's go ..... don't laugh, but a young guy down at my local music shop has just added a ... wait for it ...... Behringer Wah to his line up, and he loves it. He has tried a few but says the Behringer is very good. For $70, I am certainly going to check one out, .... and probably their graphic equaliser ..... $70 also.
I should probably just go in each week and by a new Behringer pedal,
until I have the lot !!! lol :lol:

Who said "cheap bastard" ??? LOL :lol: They are goodbloodyvalue I say !!!! :wink:
A few of my students have bough a bunch of Behringer pedals and be VERY CAREFUL

Perhaps one is ok or something, but with three combined they DESTROY TONE

You can get (like I did the other week) a BOSS EQ for $110. Do that man, be so so careful with the cheaper pedals, they can seem like a good idea at the time

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

there will always be folks who say you tone sucks,but if you are playing a gig with certain pedals and you smille then who cares

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Grant wrote:a young guy down at my local music shop has just added a ... wait for it ...... Behringer Wah to his line up, and he loves it.
I almost weakened and bought one of those a few weeks ago, but I think I might suppress some GAS, save a few bucks and get a nice Vox instead.

Grant
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Grant »

Jenesis wrote:
Grant wrote:a young guy down at my local music shop has just added a ... wait for it ...... Behringer Wah to his line up, and he loves it.
I almost weakened and bought one of those a few weeks ago, but I think I might suppress some GAS, save a few bucks and get a nice Vox instead.
Careful ..... suppressing GAS can be dangerous !!! Govt Health Warning .... don't fight the gas, k !!! :wink:

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Well I've bought two pedals in the last week, so I feel some suppression may be in my best interests. :D

Grant
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Grant »

TMG 03 wrote:there will always be folks who say you tone sucks,but if you are playing a gig with certain pedals and you smille then who cares
Yes well there are a great bunch of guys at Music Mayhem in Kamo, and cos Im only about 100 metres up the road from the shop, they usually let me try stuff and bring it back if I don't like it. I buy some stuff, and return some stuff.
They have Behringer gear, as well as loads of other things, so I'll just try stuff out and see - or rather "hear" what pedals are like.

And yes .. some people don't like some stuff ... and like other things ... but you have use what works with the gear you have got, and go with that. I trust my ageing ears and the tone and "feel" of things ....

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

deffintily, if you can give em a go before you commit then that's ideal really

don't buy things (ornot) on principal obviously, still be careful with behringer pedals from my experience

Grant
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Grant »

thehenderson wrote:deffintily, if you can give em a go before you commit then that's ideal really

don't buy things (ornot) on principal obviously, still be careful with behringer pedals from my experience
Fair enough, but my experience with them has been all good. I have had two of their amps, both excellent. My son still has one of the small ones and it is great. The pedals I have tried or own, have all been really good, so Im a bit of a Behringer fan .. so far. :wink: