Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by fooey »

lip sync.

problem solved!

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

lip sync my guitar? where are the lips on it?
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3933 times

Post by Bg »

rocklander wrote:
bluesgeek wrote:
Line6 and Zoom do it all the time...

You might try one of these, essentially a Pod2 in a pedal....

http://www.line6.com/floorpod/
what I need is somewhere between that and teh xtlive.
just the bottom row of the footswitches, pre-programmable thru a USB cable that maintain the memory until programmed otherwise. the depth (as in distance between me and stage front) is the issue what with mic stands and laptop in the way. I don't ever use an expression pedal (the one on my vox is taped down to ensure I don't hit it by mistake).
they seem to have an extreme minimalist option(1 -3 buttons), to an extreme maximumist option(8 - 60000 buttons), and not much in between (6-8 buttons).
how about....

and

thats 4 buttons for you, tap tempo and manual mode
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

close - but still cigarless - I'd rather not have an external device to switch from (and don't bother asking me why, cos I have no idea - just a gut feeling). anyway - I still want [clean][crunch][distortion][fxon/off][fxbankup][fxbankdown]

not enough buttons. I'll keep my eyes open on it... something will turn up I reckon.
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

hmmm I had one of these for the pod 2, it was pretty flexible, 4 patches would take care of clean/crunch/distortion and one other. With the manual mode you can turn each 'effect type' off. So you could lose the 'stomp' which would be distortion or screamer or whatever, the 'mod' being chorus/flange or whatever and 'delay'. Can't remember what the 4th option was :eek:

Good look on your search mate, though I've never seen anything like what you've mentioned other than this type of thing, usually an XT Pro in a rack.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

bluesgeek wrote:hmmm I had one of these for the pod 2, it was pretty flexible, 4 patches would take care of clean/crunch/distortion and one other. With the manual mode you can turn each 'effect type' off. So you could lose the 'stomp' which would be distortion or screamer or whatever, the 'mod' being chorus/flange or whatever and 'delay'. Can't remember what the 4th option was :eek:

Good look on your search mate, though I've never seen anything like what you've mentioned other than this type of thing, usually an XT Pro in a rack.
that setup is pretty much what the same thing that my vox does currently, so it would be a sideways move. certainly does the trick for now, but kinda prevents me from moving to a tube (not that it's likely soon, but one day I'll be a big boy - heh). the vox tonelab would achieve iit too, and I must say I like the vox effects I've used so far integrated in my ad60vt, but is the same size roughly as the XTlive, kinda what I was trying to avoid.

something may get made between now and when I can affort a tube so I'll just keep an eye open.
Thanks for all the feedback - nice to put feelers out on it and get some info one way or another.
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

RobRoyMcCoy
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by RobRoyMcCoy »

I have a TC Electronics G-System that is fully programmable, assignable and switches all sorts of shit, including my amp and external pedals and stuff but that may be overkill. It is really cool and if I ever get time to actually play my guitar I may even plug into it and make some noises...

http://www.tcelectronic.com/G-System

Ok so I sound like a proud dad...

:?

Rob :)
Greenstone Amplifiers

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

looks ideal but :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: $3K? holy schneikies!
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

this is kinda close too... hmm
http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i- ... PODPL.html#

still - first I save for a tube- then they'll have what I want...
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

rocklander wrote:looks ideal but :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: $3K? holy schneikies!
Oh you mean money is an object?

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

an object that neither grows on trees, nor am I made of - heh.
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass