anyone tried the belcat stuff?

Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by rocklander »

bluesgeek wrote:less stage room? less hassle? erm, ok mate - it can be a bugger plugging a patchlead in ;)
not sure what you mean by 'plugging a patchlead in' being a bugger?
the sockets are all at the top on these models... making side by side bolting pretty simple and access via the top...
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2268 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

so you won't save any stageroom then ;) I was being sarcastic....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

rocklander wrote:making side by side bolting pretty simple
providing the sides are perfectly vertical or you'll need to make some tapered spacers to fit in between the pedals so that they sit flat on the stage - or you could gut both boxes and wire them into a new case large enough to hold them........ seems like a lot of hassle compared to plugging in a patchlead and sacrificing all that room :lol:
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

sorry - missed it (and kinda still don't get it - I'm a bear of little brian).

the stage room will be saved widthways at least... - more importantly - the wallet will be saved by not getting the J&H - at least not for now...
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

or you could make a pedalboard....

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

erm, I still don't get how you'll save stage room by bolting them together rather than just sitting them next to each other :eek: unless you're worried about the extra few mm's that may creep into the equation?

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

bluesgeek wrote:
rocklander wrote:making side by side bolting pretty simple
providing the sides are perfectly vertical or you'll need to make some tapered spacers to fit in between the pedals so that they sit flat on the stage - or you could gut both boxes and wire them into a new case large enough to hold them........ seems like a lot of hassle compared to plugging in a patchlead and sacrificing all that room :lol:
they are vertical, and identical - that's kinda why I wanted to try them.

and my time isn't worth that much - hell - it's better than mowing the lawns heh.
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

bluesgeek wrote:erm, I still don't get how you'll save stage room by bolting them together rather than just sitting them next to each other :eek: unless you're worried about the extra few mm's that may creep into the equation?
sheesh - I just wanna do it - go - on - lemme do it? puhleeassseee???

I had kinda sold myself on the idea of doing it anyway, just wanted to know if the units were total crap, or quite usable... sounds like they're usable so could be a bit of me... 8)
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

why didn't you say you just want to do it rather than 'saving stage room' and 'hassle' :lol: it just seems much more hassle to me, but what the heck....

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

to me hassle at home is less hassle than hassle at a gig. I guess it's all perspective :-)
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

erm..... but I still can't see what hassle it is plugging in two pedals with a patchlead but hey... I give up :)

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 252 times

Post by Capt. Black »

bluesgeek wrote:erm..... but I still can't see what hassle it is plugging in two pedals with a patchlead but hey... I give up :)
Yo BG, have you been possesed again by "1964"? :)

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head

Post by crushing day »

don't screw 2 Belcat pedals together.. think of what you will do to the resale value!... oh, wait a minute :P
what we've got here is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Capt. Black wrote:
bluesgeek wrote:erm..... but I still can't see what hassle it is plugging in two pedals with a patchlead but hey... I give up :)
Yo BG, have you been possesed again by "1964"? :)
:eek: if that was true I'd have started about how the tone would be shit, and even shittier when they are screwed together - especially if you don't use the correct type of bolts....

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

crushing day wrote:don't screw 2 Belcat pedals together.. think of what you will do to the resale value!... oh, wait a minute :P
roflcopter