Recording Noob Needs Help

Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

DaNextSlash
Fender
Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by DaNextSlash »

What's another free recording software to download??
Hmmm....Its niiiiiice
I like

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3501 times
Been liked: 715 times

Post by Cdog »

Kristal recording software
http://www.kreatives.org/kristal
Kicks ass and totally free... then what you need is some low latency sound card or usb input device so you get real time recording/monitoring. I use my podXTlive, there are lots of others, but plugging into a soundblaster type card is a nightmare if you can avoid it with lag and nosie etc. I do lots of recording on our old pentium III 766mhz sweet as...

Bozie
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Bozie »

Sounds to me like a few of the different issues you are facing can be quickly sorted by getting yourself a decent 'recording specific' audio card or breakout box, which will come with nice software. Your games and cd/dvd will all use the card no probs too.

I think the breakout box type will serve you best, they are a small box that has line and mic inputs and some form of output as well. They hook up to your PC and as long as you are laying down just one or two tracks only you wont need more than that.

Also, as said already, you should import that bacing track into Audacity if you want to record and play along with it. Look for 'Import Audio' or something like that, and click it, then follow the instructions.

Basicly, you need to spend some money, sorry mate, but its worth while in the end.