Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Re: Bang for Buck pedals

Post by mr_sooty »

NZ__Ninja wrote:
mr_sooty wrote:
NZ__Ninja wrote:Id definately go for the bad monkey, korg pitchblack, dont know much about chorus pedals as ive never had any use for them but delay wise, if you got a good deal on a boss dd3 or something that would be good.
I'd buy the Guyatone Micro Delay over the DD3. I'd buy the DD5, 6, or 7, but only for tap tempo. If you just want a great sounding, straight forward delay, the Guyatone is brilliant value for money. http://www.stompbox.co.nz.
oh cant they do tap tempo? yeah fair enough, i coulnt live without that, that guyatone looks pretty good then
I think you're ,mixed up. The Guyatone doesn't do tap tempo, neither does a DD3, so I'd get a Guyatone over a DD3 because it sounds better. But the other Boss's do Tap Tempo in some form or other, so I'd get those if that was a requirement. If tap tempo isn't a requirement, then the Guyatone MD3 is brilliant.

NZ__Ninja
Squier
Been liked: 1 time

Post by NZ__Ninja »

mr_sooty wrote: I think you're ,mixed up. The Guyatone doesn't do tap tempo, neither does a DD3, so I'd get a Guyatone over a DD3 because it sounds better. But the other Boss's do Tap Tempo in some form or other, so I'd get those if that was a requirement. If tap tempo isn't a requirement, then the Guyatone MD3 is brilliant.
yeah i am getting mixed up. oh ok, whats a cheap good tap-tempo then?
Les Paul standard with Bareknuckle rebel yells
Ernie ball volume > Boss TU2 > Boss CS3 modded > Barber LTD >G2D Standard > Boss DD5 > TC nova repeater
Fender Blues Deluxe

snitchez
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by snitchez »

marshall echohead

lukanize
Stagg
Stagg

Post by lukanize »

what about other overdrives? is a ts7 good? i heard they are made similar to the good ts (808?)

or even a ts modded to 808, what are they like

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

lukanize wrote:what about other overdrives? is a ts7 good? i heard they are made similar to the good ts (808?)

or even a ts modded to 808, what are they like
There are some great modded tube screamers out there, but they're not cheap, and not what I'd class as 'bang for buck'. If you're handy with a soldering iron, http://www.generalguitargadgets.com has some very awesome overdrives in kit form. Shipping to New Zealand is cheap too.

lukanize
Stagg
Stagg

Post by lukanize »

i was reading last night this crazy dude talking about tubescreamers here
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/prod ... n-1-a.html

seems the ts7 is basically a ts9 and can be modded to 808 spec and the sound difference is very minimal, so he recommends getting a ts7 as its cheaper .
Doesnt mention the ts5 though, there is a couple of ts5s modded to 808 on trademe, a ts7 on trade me too.

lukanize
Stagg
Stagg

Post by lukanize »

so im pretty sorted on everything, thanks for ya help, except an overdrive

Any help/opinions much aprecitated :mrgreen:

Cheers guys

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

just found some interesting pedal clones herehttp://www.eroticfxpedals.com/ :lol: 8)
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

lukanize
Stagg
Stagg

Post by lukanize »

I ended up getting a ts7 off trademe and waiting on a pitchblack from CAB.