Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Bang for Buck pedals

Post by Tsuken »

+1 for the Monkey

... orrrrrr ... forget about one of the other pedals, spend a bit more on the od/distortion side of things, and get a Rat 8)

http://search.ebay.com.au/search/search ... category0=
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

Tsuken wrote:+1 for the Monkey

... orrrrrr ... forget about one of the other pedals, spend a bit more on the od/distortion side of things, and get a Rat 8)

:| I just don't get the love of the rat. I haven't used mine n years. could never get anything out of it that I considered worthwhile.

on an alternative note Tsuken.. nearly finished a build of a 'thor'.. messed up the hole location when drilling the enclosure for the pots, but a bit of 'need-it' and I'll relocate them.
...you know you want one :wink:
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

rocklander wrote:

:| I just don't get the love of the rat. I haven't used mine n years. could never get anything out of it that I considered worthwhile.

on an alternative note Tsuken.. nearly finished a build of a 'thor'.. messed up the hole location when drilling the enclosure for the pots, but a bit of 'need-it' and I'll relocate them.
Yes. Yes I do. 8)

But I want a Faataaal Tuuuube even more - and I'm hoping that's what's coming for my birthday in a couple weeks <crossing fingers smiley> ;)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

rocklander wrote:

Hell, I want one. 8)
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Only pedal of any interest to me would be a talent boost....
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

I've got a pitchblack and it's great.
The modtone delay is a genuinely good analog delay and the distortion is stupidly cool for the money.
Danelectro's new cool cat pedals look to be very cool. I'm looking forward to trying the range, especially the vibe, as my all-time favourite (but not very giggable) cheapo pedal is the Dano Chicken Salad.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

snitchez
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by snitchez »

looks like you'll be popping in soon then martin? we just got a huge bunch in our display. check out the board set up as well. all tbp!

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

snitchez wrote:looks like you'll be popping in soon then martin? we just got a huge bunch in our display. check out the board set up as well. all tbp!
Cool, will do.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Has anybody got a danelectro rocky road? Cheapest "Leslie" effect pedal out there from what I've heard...
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 656 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

mr_sooty wrote:'Analog' doesn't mean 'good'. It just means 'old school technology'. So if your're looking for a clear accurate delay Edge style then you probably want a digital. A great value delay is the Guyatone MD3 Microdelay, that you can get from http://www.stompbox.co.nz. Awesome sounding pedal that oscillates like an analogue, but sounds more like a really good digital. But if you actually want an Analogue those Modtones look great.

The Korg pitchblack is great value for money for a tuner, and someone here sells them, Custom Audio Boutique (.co.nz) I think.

I reckon the best value overdrive around is the Digitech (don't be put off by the brand) Bad Monkey, which can be bought brand new for $99, and it sounds great, or for somethung milder and more bluesy, the Boss Blues Driver is also great value.

So if it was me:
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Guyatone MD3 Delay
Modtone Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey or Boss Blues Driver, depending on style played.

You'd be well set up with those ones.
Thats good advice and would be a good sounding rig

hippy01
Fender
Fender

Post by hippy01 »

You know... I really dont wanna sound like an ass, but i tried a Bad Monkey through a Valve Junior, when i was buying it (the amp, and looking for a good pedal to go with) and i thought it was rubbish :? I couldnt get any decent tones out of it...

I took a Behringer Vintage Distortion (Behringers top of the line supposabley lol) over it, cos it has awesome classic rock and classic metal tones...

So -1 on the Moneky.

Sorry if i offend lol.
Get all Whammy'd up on it!

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

if you want a cheap delay, danelectro PB&J, you can get some nice longish echoes to short almost underwater sounding shit out of it and i think they are about $70 at the RS, nice and small to
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

NZ__Ninja
Squier
Been liked: 1 time

Post by NZ__Ninja »

Id definately go for the bad monkey, korg pitchblack, dont know much about chorus pedals as ive never had any use for them but delay wise, if you got a good deal on a boss dd3 or something that would be good.
Les Paul standard with Bareknuckle rebel yells
Ernie ball volume > Boss TU2 > Boss CS3 modded > Barber LTD >G2D Standard > Boss DD5 > TC nova repeater
Fender Blues Deluxe

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

NZ__Ninja wrote:Id definately go for the bad monkey, korg pitchblack, dont know much about chorus pedals as ive never had any use for them but delay wise, if you got a good deal on a boss dd3 or something that would be good.
I'd buy the Guyatone Micro Delay over the DD3. I'd buy the DD5, 6, or 7, but only for tap tempo. If you just want a great sounding, straight forward delay, the Guyatone is brilliant value for money. http://www.stompbox.co.nz.

NZ__Ninja
Squier
Been liked: 1 time

Post by NZ__Ninja »

mr_sooty wrote:
NZ__Ninja wrote:Id definately go for the bad monkey, korg pitchblack, dont know much about chorus pedals as ive never had any use for them but delay wise, if you got a good deal on a boss dd3 or something that would be good.
I'd buy the Guyatone Micro Delay over the DD3. I'd buy the DD5, 6, or 7, but only for tap tempo. If you just want a great sounding, straight forward delay, the Guyatone is brilliant value for money. http://www.stompbox.co.nz.
oh cant they do tap tempo? yeah fair enough, i coulnt live without that, that guyatone looks pretty good then
Les Paul standard with Bareknuckle rebel yells
Ernie ball volume > Boss TU2 > Boss CS3 modded > Barber LTD >G2D Standard > Boss DD5 > TC nova repeater
Fender Blues Deluxe