codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3503 times
Been liked: 1090 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by codedog »

robthemac wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:18 pm Interesting experiment over recent weeks. Currently running three amps (Cali Tweed on left, Plexi in the middle, Tweed on the right). Usually did a sort of wet-dry-wet, where I'd use a reverb pedal to split the signal after the gain stages into (a) the centre Plexi and (b) the left/right Mesa/Tweed. Then I'd use a stereo delay and stereo modulation pedal to get stereo image between the Mesa and Tweed.

But the issue was there being too much dry signal going to all three amps, so I didn't get the stereo image very clearly. The delay pedal took the initial note, sent it to L and R amps and added the L and R repeats. The presence of the initial note meant everything kinda smushed together in the centre, with a few repeats sprinkled left and right.

Then I managed to set up a MIDI command telling the delay pedal to kill the dry signal coming out of the pedal. So now the left and right amps only get the repeats, not the initial note as well. Makes such a huge difference hearing a note just coming out of centre, then the repeats coming in stereo. Wild ambient washes, especially when adding a second reverb and a modulation pedal to the L/R amps only.
I thought you've sold your Cali Tweed... evidently not.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 1429 times

Post by robthemac »

codedog wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:48 pm
robthemac wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:18 pm Interesting experiment over recent weeks. Currently running three amps (Cali Tweed on left, Plexi in the middle, Tweed on the right). Usually did a sort of wet-dry-wet, where I'd use a reverb pedal to split the signal after the gain stages into (a) the centre Plexi and (b) the left/right Mesa/Tweed. Then I'd use a stereo delay and stereo modulation pedal to get stereo image between the Mesa and Tweed.

But the issue was there being too much dry signal going to all three amps, so I didn't get the stereo image very clearly. The delay pedal took the initial note, sent it to L and R amps and added the L and R repeats. The presence of the initial note meant everything kinda smushed together in the centre, with a few repeats sprinkled left and right.

Then I managed to set up a MIDI command telling the delay pedal to kill the dry signal coming out of the pedal. So now the left and right amps only get the repeats, not the initial note as well. Makes such a huge difference hearing a note just coming out of centre, then the repeats coming in stereo. Wild ambient washes, especially when adding a second reverb and a modulation pedal to the L/R amps only.
I thought you've sold your Cali Tweed... evidently not.
By Cali Tweed I obviously mean Filmore 50.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

Oooohhh Yeeeaaaahhh! chicka, chickaaa.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 601 times

Post by Starfire »

Stopped trying to be clever with switchers and things and went the straightforward route. Sounds excellent. Sold delay as I wasn't really using it, but I'll probably get another and maybe an alternative flavour of dirt too.
IMG_2785.jpeg
IMG_2785.jpeg (2.65 MiB) Viewed 84633 times

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

Starfire wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:06 pm IMG_2785.jpeg
What's the psychedelic thing next to the orange one?
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Starfire »

Vince wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:04 pm
Starfire wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:06 pm IMG_2785.jpeg
What's the psychedelic thing next to the orange one?
It’s a Mosky DOD clone that I repainted. Great little cheap pedal. It can switch between the standard DOD250 and MXR Distortion plus. I like the little bit of colour the former gives to my clean sound. The latter is more compressed and has more gain sooner.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 284 times

Post by Kev77 »

Nice paint job
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Starfire »

Kev77 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:16 pmNice paint job
Cheers. It’s not perfect/flat but I kinda like the texture on top.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

Recent update. Goes Timmy, Tuner, DM, Iridium, mixer

Mixer fx loop has Dig, V, Rev, Aeros

Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 1429 times

Post by robthemac »

That's a real tasty board.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7775 times
Been liked: 4203 times

Post by jeremyb »

Wow, have never seen the Aeros before, looks like an epic unit!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 662 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Cool rig, Kent. I’d love to try that DiG

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

Thanks guys. Yeah, there's been a few years in the process. That Golden just makes everything sound better. And the Aeros has a really great user interface, seemed much more intuitive that the Boss (RC-600) and smaller and less complicated, but still has that whole song parts and multitrack vibe.

DIG is great, again, nice and simple. Curious about v2 and whether it's got any useful differences. Tempted to sell the volante and golden and just buy a Delverb, but... no real need at this point, as I've managed to fit it all on this board anyway.
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 949 times

Post by Reg18 »

Had a bit of an update recently. Been going between using a real amp with a load box and IRs or going direct with the HX Stomp depending on convenience. Everything except the HX Stomp and Volante are going into the the patch bay so I can easily swap between real amp or HX if a cable goes down (which did happen a month ago about 10mins before the set)

Volante going into stereo FX loop into HX Stomp.

My default base tone is generally Diamond Comp and SR Drive (Kingtone Blues Power clone) always on, stacking other drives ontop.
Attachments
IMG_0300.jpeg
IMG_0300.jpeg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 83746 times

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7775 times
Been liked: 4203 times

Post by jeremyb »

Haven't come across the Blues Power before, whats it based on? whats the second footswitch for?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.