sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1212 times
Been liked: 1402 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7772 times
Been liked: 4203 times

Post by jeremyb »

Top comment on that video :lol:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 9.44.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 9.44.18 AM.png (56.65 KiB) Viewed 101076 times
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1212 times
Been liked: 1402 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

That made me chuckle too
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 355 times

Post by WellyBlues »

That was quite interesting, and I know nothing of music theory, but it was well done I thought. Another rabbit hole for some people.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

Bg wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:18 pm
yeah but you can get those in the app for peanuts ($14.99) ;)
I gave up on IOS/android devices for anything music related a long time ago. I barely use my phone as it is :congrats:

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Post by Bg »

Kris wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:02 pm
Bg wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:18 pm
yeah but you can get those in the app for peanuts ($14.99) ;)
I gave up on IOS/android devices for anything music related a long time ago. I barely use my phone as it is :congrats:
Android sound system doesn't work well (unless they've pulled their hardware socks up in the last few years), apple is great though :) The strobosoft app works perfectly on my iphone. It has all the sweetened tunings etc. Never bothered with them, but they're there...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

Bg wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:07 pm

Android sound system doesn't work well (unless they've pulled their hardware socks up in the last few years), apple is great though :) The strobosoft app works perfectly on my iphone. It has all the sweetened tunings etc. Never bothered with them, but they're there...
It's touch screens that are my peeve,had an ipad pro for a while but it seems there is a never ending array of add-ons and gizmos needed.
Having bought a bunch of apps im also pissed that now thats dead money as i cant transfer them to the new owner,or use them unless i buy another iOS device. :mad:
Ended up with a 20 dollar imac using a zoom r16 as an interface simply to capture raw tracks that i mix on my home pc/reaper and couldnt be happier :)

murky
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 297 times

Post by murky »

Same board for 12 months ….. can’t be anyone on here ?!?!?

Right….?
IMG_6189.png
IMG_6189.png (2.39 MiB) Viewed 100623 times

philipnz
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by philipnz »

The more I change it, the more it stays the same.....
Attachments
IMG_8719.jpeg
IMG_8719.jpeg (2.53 MiB) Viewed 100600 times
Never put down to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7772 times
Been liked: 4203 times

Post by jeremyb »

murky wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:38 pm Same board for 12 months ….. can’t be anyone on here ?!?!?

Right….?
Certainly not me, mine barely lasts 12 minutes before changing something...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 235 times

Post by Delayman »

My set up for a pub gig on Saturday. Loving the supro delta king. Expression pedal to control delay volume on the space echo and the sustain pedal is a tap tempo for my trusty old dd5 (which didn’t get used). Really happy with the pedalboard, only can see a Wah in the future - but I have a plan for that as I like a more subtle Wah than most.

The eq pedal is just a solo boost at the moment. I quite like being able to boost for a solo but eq out the harsh frequencies and the unusable lows.
IMG_3921.jpeg
IMG_3921.jpeg (6.4 MiB) Viewed 100117 times
IMG_3922.jpeg
IMG_3922.jpeg (2.51 MiB) Viewed 100117 times
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 1429 times

Post by robthemac »

Delayman wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:20 pm My set up for a pub gig on Saturday. Loving the supro delta king. Expression pedal to control delay volume on the space echo and the sustain pedal is a tap tempo for my trusty old dd5 (which didn’t get used). Really happy with the pedalboard, only can see a Wah in the future - but I have a plan for that as I like a more subtle Wah than most.

The eq pedal is just a solo boost at the moment. I quite like being able to boost for a solo but eq out the harsh frequencies and the unusable lows.
IMG_3921.jpegIMG_3922.jpeg
Do you use the EQ mostly into Bad Monkey?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 235 times

Post by Delayman »

robthemac wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:55 pm
Delayman wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:20 pm My set up for a pub gig on Saturday. Loving the supro delta king. Expression pedal to control delay volume on the space echo and the sustain pedal is a tap tempo for my trusty old dd5 (which didn’t get used). Really happy with the pedalboard, only can see a Wah in the future - but I have a plan for that as I like a more subtle Wah than most.

IMG_3921.jpegIMG_3922.jpeg
Do you use the EQ mostly into Bad Monkey?
No, the eq is at the end of my chain, just to boost solos (clean or dirty).
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 662 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

philipnz wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:35 pm The more I change it, the more it stays the same.....
Swap that Phase 90 out for something overdrive-y (Boss SD1 maybe) and I'd rock the daylights out of this board!

Shimmer
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Shimmer »

Apologies for the rat's nest of cables - just got the power supply and still need to tidy things up, and get it mounted under the board. It's a relatively budget board but pretty versatile and can cover a lot of ground. I was super stoked to get an OD-2 again - my first ever pedal which went missing many years ago! My daughter bought me the Caline Mariana which does some very cool quirky reverb-y sounds!. And it can do a decent tremolo on the 'propeller' setting.
Board.jpg
Board.jpg (558.5 KiB) Viewed 96793 times
I want all the pedals!