handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Re: Digital reverb an' that...

Post by handsoffmatt »

Molly, the BOSS RV-6 is a significant tonal upgrade from the RV-5. It sits up there with the best of 'em, and if you're not looking for a high degree of tweakability, it is definitely worth a look for lush, 3d textural reverb.

It has Expression Pedal input too!
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

handsoffmatt wrote:Molly, the BOSS RV-6 is a significant tonal upgrade from the RV-5. It sits up there with the best of 'em, and if you're not looking for a high degree of tweakability, it is definitely worth a look for lush, 3d textural reverb.

It has Expression Pedal input too!
I've got one of those on the way myself. I'm not usually a Boss fan (apologies to you :lol: ) but the RV6 has got some very high praise from Ambient nerds
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

higainer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by higainer »

olegmcnoleg wrote:Neunaber! Smaller, less expensive, easier to use, still sounds fab.
This.
My go-to.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

I'm not usually a Boss fan
So, so many pro players use those Boss digital delay pedals. They do the job I guess. I have a nostalgic thing for the old Boss heavy metal pedal I bought in about 1986. Probably horrid, i dunno, but i loved it back then. The other thing Boss have always done pretty well is chorus pedals. The ones i have had just sounded right.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

Aquila Rossa wrote:
I'm not usually a Boss fan
So, so many pro players use those Boss digital delay pedals. They do the job I guess. I have a nostalgic thing for the old Boss heavy metal pedal I bought in about 1986. Probably horrid, i dunno, but i loved it back then. The other thing Boss have always done pretty well is chorus pedals. The ones i have had just sounded right.
Re: Chorus, I'd hazard a not-very-scientific guess and say the vast majority of the last 30 years of chorus you've heard recorded has probably been the Boss. Certainly all the Cure you heard was.