The invasion of the Bull Kelp Surfers! Portland public house Friday 16th February 9.30pm

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 807 times
Been liked: 1293 times

The invasion of the Bull Kelp Surfers! Portland public house Friday 16th February 9.30pm

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Those salty surfy good for nothing offset wielding maniacs are at it again.
Got a lovely opening act of Alison and Brendan Turner too.
9.30pm (despite what the poster says )
Free entry , but we charge you to leave.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: The invasion of the Bull Kelp Surfers! Portland public house Friday 16th February 9.30pm

We also have some pretty nifty tee shirts in the pipeline
Happy to add a few more to the order if anyone from here wants one. Good quality 100% cotton AS colour tee shirts.
Charcoal or navy. $25

Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: The invasion of the Bull Kelp Surfers! Portland public house Friday 16th February 9.30pm

Post by Scooter13 »

Love that poster!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Scooter13 wrote:Love that poster!
Yup! Would rule as a t-shirt!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

jeremyb wrote:
Plus one!
Tin arse!!

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

jeremyb wrote:
Wouldnt be $25 though!
And not strictly 'our' design to sell ...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

GODDAMMIT!!!
Only just saw this. Just got home and I'm way too knackered to drag my arse out again.
Surf on Kelpers! Catch you next time.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

from your crossing? How'd it go?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote:from your crossing? How'd it go?
That's next Saturday. I've just pulled a 60 hour week of hard labour on a landscaping project just round the corner from Conway.
Don't like landscaping. Mud, more mud, everything weighs a ton, cave ins, rain, more fucking mud, young labourers dropping like flies because it seems no real men were born after 1965. Did I mention rain? And mud?
And now I'm sunburned as well.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

fingers crossed for the weather then :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Slowy wrote:GODDAMMIT!!!
Only just saw this. Just got home and I'm way too knackered to drag my arse out again.
Surf on Kelpers! Catch you next time.
Good news is you can still buy the tee shirt !
Quite a night . Rather feral crowd. Someone managed to vomit on the dance floor. One patron offloaded half of his jug of beer onto my pedals then bought us a round of sambuca :sick:
The girls were out in force earlier with some great ...talent ..particularly by helping the band shake their tamborine. But due to the proximity to the cricket it quickly became a drunken sausage fest
Painfully loud, my fingers feel like they have had a good surf guitaring ( harvester goldthwait and matching headstock IMB yamano jazz master were the flavour of the day for me) . Sound guy ensured that Ben's Duesenberg proved near fatal via incredible munted fold back levels. Good times.
Last edited by StrummersOfThunder on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1352 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Very Rock n Roll
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Haha I've just gone back and corrected my blurry eyed typos.
I write with my phone how the policeman from allo allo talks. ..

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

I can picture it all! :rofl:
Make the effort when the Bull Kelps play folks; it won't be a boring night.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

Yeah, that was quite something....

Chunder dude just kind of dropped a mouthful, then kept (sort of) dancing, and his mates barely batted an eyelid. He started swaying alarmingly through the rest of the song and had to be dragged out by the sole female in his group. The dudes he was with did nothing...