rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Re: show us your home made pedals

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Not home made, but GREAT SUCCESS! I bought a dead DD-3 for $20 on YouFaceTwit, and managed to fix it! 4 main issues:

1) incorrect power supply has been used at some point, cooking the protection diode and burning out the PCB. I replaced the diode with an LED as I didn't have a zener, and repaired 3 tracks that were trashed. That got voltage going into the circuit, but it still didn't go . . .

2) found and repaired some awful soldering. Someone has tried to 'fix' this thing before

3) Still didn't go. I started gently pulling the wires coming off the PCB to see if any were loose, found one going to the mode knob which was just barely hanging on. Took it out and soldered in a new wire and boom. Delay was baccck! but no LED.

4) resoldered 4 solder joints that connect the LED to the PCB, and that was back as well.

Feeling rather chuffed with myself. Now to go do all the house work that I was suppose to be doing this morning.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

Very well done, particularly if 9VAC had been smacked in there – if you want to really destroy a pedal this is the way to do it, short of throwing it in a volcano.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 837 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

TmcB wrote:Shit, things have got next level around here.

A challenger appears!

Seriously though... that looks awesome... and bonus, no comic sans in sight.

How do I acquire one of these?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

bbrunskill wrote:Not home made, but GREAT SUCCESS! I bought a dead DD-3 for $20 on YouFaceTwit, and managed to fix it! 4 main issues:

1) incorrect power supply has been used at some point, cooking the protection diode and burning out the PCB. I replaced the diode with an LED as I didn't have a zener, and repaired 3 tracks that were trashed. That got voltage going into the circuit, but it still didn't go . . .

2) found and repaired some awful soldering. Someone has tried to 'fix' this thing before

3) Still didn't go. I started gently pulling the wires coming off the PCB to see if any were loose, found one going to the mode knob which was just barely hanging on. Took it out and soldered in a new wire and boom. Delay was baccck! but no LED.

4) resoldered 4 solder joints that connect the LED to the PCB, and that was back as well.

Feeling rather chuffed with myself. Now to go do all the house work that I was suppose to be doing this morning.
Achievement unlocked! Thats awesome!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

jimi wrote:
TmcB wrote:Shit, things have got next level around here.

A challenger appears!

Seriously though... that looks awesome... and bonus, no comic sans in sight.

How do I acquire one of these?
Thank you sir!
Well, I'd ask Bender what he thinks of his first, and then drop me an email at tony@silverpistoleffects.com
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

With all the house moves etc I've "past participle of get" out of the pedal box pimping , but for a friends bday a mate and I collaborated on this wee gem. Thought I'd share it here. I haven't built anything in ages but thought I'd have a go again,

"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

That looks awesome!

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

I just realised the knobs are different. That’s cool as.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.