Joe Satriani nov 2014 AKL/WGTN

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 595 times

Joe Satriani nov 2014 AKL/WGTN

Post by godgrinder »

Nov 01 ASB Theatre Auckland
Nov 02 The Opera House Wellington

http://www.livenation.com.au/artist/joe ... ni-tickets
Amps:
Soldano SLO100 x2 | Wizard MC1 & MC2 | Diezel Herbert
Fryette Pittbull CL | Marshall 2203KK | Krank Rev 50 | Mesa Mark 2A

Rack stuff:
VHT/Fryette GP3, GP/DI & 2/90/2 | Peters FSM/Chimera
Verellen Meatsmoke | Synergy SYN1 | Mesa Studio

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Re: Joe Satriani nov 2014 AKL/WGTN

Post by StratMatt »

Always good to see Joe play. However you know what your gonna get at a Satch show and having seen him a couple times already Im not sure I need to shell out for this one.
Loving it so far

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 666 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Being he's playing the weekend after my birthday, I've already given the missus the head's up for a potential present. She was a little confused when I said I'd only want one ticket and she can stay at home, but when I asked her if she really wanted to go watch an old instrumental guitarist doing his best widdling, to a room full of middle-aged men, she understood. That'll be one ticket then.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Danger Mouse wrote:Being he's playing the weekend after my birthday, I've already given the missus the head's up for a potential present. She was a little confused when I said I'd only want one ticket and she can stay at home, but when I asked her if she really wanted to go watch an old instrumental guitarist doing his best widdling, to a room full of middle-aged men, she understood. That'll be one ticket then.
both my mum and my sister saw Satch when he was in AK, so some women do actually like a wee bit of widdling.

every time he was in AK i was away at sea, so i have never seen him play.

What really annoyed me most though was that i had been gassing so much over buying some guitar thing that i forgot to save money for my Sabbath ticket and missed it (was expensive too). Must try not to repeat that with Satch gig.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Danger Mouse »

Aquila Rosso wrote:
Danger Mouse wrote:Being he's playing the weekend after my birthday, I've already given the missus the head's up for a potential present. She was a little confused when I said I'd only want one ticket and she can stay at home, but when I asked her if she really wanted to go watch an old instrumental guitarist doing his best widdling, to a room full of middle-aged men, she understood. That'll be one ticket then.
both my mum and my sister saw Satch when he was in AK, so some women do actually like a wee bit of widdling.
I'm sure they do, however my wife isn't one of them.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Danger Mouse wrote:
Aquila Rosso wrote:
i sometimes thought it would be good to have another half that was into guitar, but then again imagine the hassles. would be like "i want to play the Les Paul, you play the Strat", "no, i had it first, piss off". etc. Like fighting over what channel to watch on TV, except over guitars.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Danger Mouse wrote:
Aquila Rosso wrote:
I'm picking most married women, esp those with children don't like a bit of widdling
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 532 times

Post by Zaulkin »

I'll most probably be going :)

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

if i manage to go, hopefully it is when i have been playing OK and feel good about my abilities. if i am in a rut and struggling with it he might just make me depressed and wnat to chuck it in :crazy:

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

I've shelled out the $300 for the meet and greet.

I made a deal with my wife 3 years ago that IF Joe ever came to New Zealand that I could get a meet and greet. - Probably the only guitarist I'd love to meet and greet with.

Heck he hasn't come on his own for YEARS.. and when he did he played in Taranaki... what the crap lol..

At least this time he's in a good venue. I saw Steve Vai at the same venue when he came not that long ago - stellar show, but i wouldn't have shelled out the $600 it cost for a meet and greet with him... what a joke that pricing was...
At least satch is half the price ;-)
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 532 times

Post by Zaulkin »

SimpleSi wrote:I've shelled out the $300 for the meet and greet.

I made a deal with my wife 3 years ago that IF Joe ever came to New Zealand that I could get a meet and greet. - Probably the only guitarist I'd love to meet and greet with.

Heck he hasn't come on his own for YEARS.. and when he did he played in Taranaki... what the crap lol..

At least this time he's in a good venue. I saw Steve Vai at the same venue when he came not that long ago - stellar show, but i wouldn't have shelled out the $600 it cost for a meet and greet with him... what a joke that pricing was...
At least satch is half the price ;-)
Where'd you get the early tickets and what are the prices?

I got a photo with Satch, Vai and Lukather at G3 but the quality was pretty disappointing. Quite a lot of money for a blurry photo taken by some strangers cellphone - I foolishly expected the venue to have a camera seeing as they said that cameras were prohibited for ticket holders. Wouldn't mind doing it properly, don't need a meet and greet though - wouldn't know what to talk about.

candiman
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by candiman »

Never seen JS so just got tix for me and Mrs C. Suspicions are she won't be a fan but benefit of doubt is given.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Danger Mouse »

So who's going tonight then?

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Not me, which is a shame - I just found out yesterday that I might have had the chance to meet Marco Minneman, the band and perhaps Joe himself, but sadly I already have other plans now.
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Danger Mouse »

slash-ed wrote:Not me, which is a shame - I just found out yesterday that I might have had the chance to meet Marco Minneman, the band and perhaps Joe himself, but sadly I already have other plans now.

Bugger, assuming it wasn't going to be a typical meet and greet, that would have been awesome.