The Boss - Bruce Springsteen Tribute, 11th July, Palmerston North - NZ Guitars Discount Code!

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

The Boss - Bruce Springsteen Tribute, 11th July, Palmerston North - NZ Guitars Discount Code!

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Hi all,

My band The Boss is playing our biggest show yet - the Regent Theatre in Palmerston North! Still a ways to go with ticket sales, but it has been super cool to see us up on billboards and even the back of a bus.

We're playing the entire Born in the USA album back to back, and then a massive set of the best Springsteen tunes old and new.

I've set up a NZ Guitars discount code, so if you'd like to come out for a night of good music, you can use the code Bossy for a 40% discount :zomg:

tickets from: https://www.ticketdirect.co.nz/event/de ... 0/the-boss

And a shot from rehearsal, becuase I look way cooler than usual:
Last edited by rickenbackerkid on Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Re: The Boss - Bruce Springsteen Tribute, 11th July, Palmerston North

Post by sirvill »

Woah name change!!

Killer though, have fun!!

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

This would be a great fun tribute to play in I reckon! Great stuff man. All the best for it, and if you’re planning
a Hamilton show let me know if you need an extra hand with anything :thumbup:

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

It's actually crazy good fun. 9 piece band of really great people so even rehearsal is a pleasure.

The most fun thing for me is that Springsteen covers a huge range of American music styles - touches of pop, rock, blues, rockabilly, motown, dixie swing and good old ballads. I'm mostly playing rhythm guitar parts, so it's wicked fun to try to get my head and hands around all those styles.

This show is testing the waters, to see if we can sell a good number of tickets for a theater show with the idea being next year we go on a winter tour. So Hamilton is likely ;-)