The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Re: New Metallica

Post by The Scarecrow »

MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:24 pm
They need a bunch of divorces, overdoses and maybe a death or 2 to get the fire back :P
Another doco.... "Some More Kinds of Monsters".

Just wait for Lars' dad to encourage them to 'delete that' again :lol:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

sty wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:03 pm I'm not the worlds biggest Metallica fan, they passed me by a fair bit due to my preference for the music that influenced them, however I've grown to like them over the years.

I liked the first singles teased out from this new album and gave the album a couple of listens to from Spotify when it was released.

My current verdict is that it's probably the most enjoyable stuff of theirs in recent years (since Death Magnetic).

Given I have everything from and including Death Magnetic on vinyl I decided to grab this one on Monday, haven't actually managed to give it a spin yet but I'm actually looking forward to it.

I would say that the Bright Yellow packaging is actually wonderful! who'd have thunk that a non-black cover could make such an impact on one of their albums.

(I really ought to try and see them live one of these years... maybe if I win Lotto)
I've seen them once, was supposed to see them again in 2019 I think it was, but they cancelled because James fell off the wagon, apparently.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

hamo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:24 pm
sty wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:03 pm I'm not the worlds biggest Metallica fan, they passed me by a fair bit due to my preference for the music that influenced them, however I've grown to like them over the years.

I liked the first singles teased out from this new album and gave the album a couple of listens to from Spotify when it was released.

My current verdict is that it's probably the most enjoyable stuff of theirs in recent years (since Death Magnetic).

Given I have everything from and including Death Magnetic on vinyl I decided to grab this one on Monday, haven't actually managed to give it a spin yet but I'm actually looking forward to it.

I would say that the Bright Yellow packaging is actually wonderful! who'd have thunk that a non-black cover could make such an impact on one of their albums.

(I really ought to try and see them live one of these years... maybe if I win Lotto)
I've seen them once, was supposed to see them again in 2019 I think it was, but they cancelled because James fell off the wagon, apparently.
I've seen them 4 times, I wonder what a sober James is like as a frontman (he was excellent when I saw them).

Lars cannot play the double-kick stuff on One.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

Danger Mouse wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:42 pm
hamo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:24 pm

I've seen them 4 times, I wonder what a sober James is like as a frontman (he was excellent when I saw them).

Lars cannot play the double-kick stuff on One.
Fortunately I can't really tell :rofl:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

Danger Mouse wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:42 pm Lars cannot play the double-kick stuff on One.
He manages it okay here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r04Lt8l ... dSternShow

I think he just gets tired and lazy.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Basket Case wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:33 pm
Danger Mouse wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:42 pm Lars cannot play the double-kick stuff on One.
He manages it okay here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r04Lt8l ... dSternShow

I think he just gets tired and lazy.
Yeah he's only 8 years older than Thomas Haake and that guy is in his PRIME.