Timoes
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 106 times

ZOOM H4 Recorder

Post by Timoes »

Got this handheld recorder off ebay a week ago. Pretty cool once you get the hang of driving it. The controls take a bit of working out and then getting to remembering. It has 2 opisite facing condenser mics at the top with 2 XLR inputs to plug up mics and/or instruments. So you can have 4 sources all recording at the same time. There are a list of pre-amp setting for guitar and mics but I havent used them. Can allways use the Cuebase 4 software that is bundled with it. 4 different quality setting. 96kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1kHz and MP3. I quickly filled the SD card (512Mb) on the 96 kHz setting so will get a cheap 2 Gig card of Trademe. I converted the higher quality wav files to MP3 format and saved them to the computer without any troubles and the sound quality was hardly noticeable. MP3 takes up a fraction of the room. We recorded drums and guitars with it sitting on a chair in the middle of the room and it does make a nice clean and true recording. The condenser mics are very sensitive and pick up every scrap of sound.

I rate this thing. I reckon there would be a lot of people/bands who good make good use of this recorder. Awesome for gigs or demos or just mucking round writting stuff or jamming. Worst thing is it eats batteries (2AAs). Maybe the rechargeables are'nt that up to it. Should try some Energisers. I just hate paying gold for batteries!

Here is the info.
You Should Never Smoke in Pjamas. FZ.