Moderator: Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1377 times
Been liked: 2107 times

Ryan Adams - Love is Hell

Post by GrantB »

Ryan did two albums this year - Rock N Roll, which is OK but his contract said he had tomakeit, and then this little gem which is his choice.

This album is rather moody, with some quite moments where you can get lost in the very raw sounding instruments. I tried to compare this album with something else but I can't. There is very nice and sublte guitar work throughout and particularly tasting lead (sounds like a Tele through a Peavy Classic 20) in Shadowlands. It does get up and boogie a few times but even then there is a restraint about which keeps the album somewhat even keeled.

If you want a nice sunday morning album, or one for that long drive home on a Friday nigth and the sun is setting try this...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3933 times

Post by Bg »

cheers mate, I'll look out for that one :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Mantermite
Widdle-widdle weeoorrr

Post by Mantermite »

I like his Rock 'n' Roll album, good quality stuff in my books has an old feel goodtime rock to it but still kicks it with the modern sound.

First CD I heard of his and I was impressed.
Plink Plunk. Aww Fawk it. Plink Splink Splunk. Nuts... Schwing doodle whiiz wee clunk. Ouch fingers cold...
"Stalks off and glares at guitars from the corner of the room"

Dork.