Moderator: Capt. Black

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: BB King disappoints?

Post by Rog »

Aquila Rosso wrote:The moral of this story is to play guitar as much as you can while you can, because time will come when you will be too old. Same moral applies to a few other enjoyable things in life. :mrgreen:
Damn right!!

One day your wife will wake up to find you dead - happened to a very close friend of mine a fortnight ago. :(
Too late then to wish you'd had a go at something but didn't get around to it.

Live life as completely as you can!!
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

Tonemaker wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th1kQER7 ... re=related[/youtube]

This is the most I have seen BBKing play... Any other YT clilps or dvds that he plays more than the usual notes? I would like to buy a dvd or two of his but I dont want to hear stories and just occasional playing..
If you dig around his mid-period catalog you'll find him playing a lot of different stuff in the dorian/mixolydian/chromatic vein. Back in the day he used to get quite uptown and jazzy.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Tonemaker »

Hot_Grits wrote:
Tonemaker wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th1kQER7 ... re=related[/youtube]

This is the most I have seen BBKing play... Any other YT clilps or dvds that he plays more than the usual notes? I would like to buy a dvd or two of his but I dont want to hear stories and just occasional playing..
If you dig around his mid-period catalog you'll find him playing a lot of different stuff in the dorian/mixolydian/chromatic vein. Back in the day he used to get quite uptown and jazzy.

Any certain DVDs that you might recommend I like the stuff he is playing in that video clip and I wouldnt mind listening to other works...
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)